95: Months Later 2

"I am not really sure but Mayumi seems to have a fall out with the new Governor General. Mukhang matagal na itong nangyari, bago pa man ang nangyari kay Amelia. This must be the reason why that Enrico is going back against his words back then.

"Rest assured though that Yumi must have also anticipated this to happen. Lalo na ng itanghal na bagong Governor General si Enrico."

General Vicente started.

"Paano ka nakakasigurado na inaasahan na ito ni Mayumi? Your daughter had worked hard to be a doctor, Vicente. Are we just going to let this happen?"

"It is inevitable, after all." The general said with a sigh.

Hindi naman mapigilan ni Victoria na mapaisip dahil sa reaksyon ng kanyang ama sa nangyayari ngayon. He was usually the most overprotective when it came to Yumi's welfare.

Now that this was happening, she was expecting him to be more anxious for Yumi's sake. But instead, he was quite accepting this news so easily.

Then an idea came to her.

"Is it Yumi herself who tells you not to worry about it, Papa?" Victoria asked.

General Vicente felt bitter at that very moment for being put in a hotseat not only by his mother but also by his daughter.

Who told him to have a smart daughter, eh?

He sighed and pointed at Xun Anyue. "This is Xun Anyue. He is the leader of Assassin Guild."

"Assassin Guild? You mean that killer organization, Papa?" Hindi mapigilang tanong ni Victoria. Naturally, she knew about that guild. Her late mother had told her about these people many times. She and Don Luis also tried to hire these men to obliterate their enemies most especially Mayumi.

She frowned as she recalled this then asked a question to her father once again, "Ano pong kinalaman ng Assassin Guild sa pinag-uusapan natin, Papa?"

"Mayumi is connected to Assassin Guild. She is their guild's doctor."

This earned gasps from the ladies in the room.

The two doñas couldn't believe that Yumi would end up affiliated with this kind of organization. They were unsure what to feel about it.

Victoria, on the other hand, was thoroughly shock. No wonder her mother and uncle's plans back then against Yumi that involved the Assassin Guild had all failed.

Well, come to think of it, this must be the reason too why all of their plans against her had completely not worked. Yumi was part of Assassin Guild so they must have been protecting her thoroughly too. This must be why she always escaped their plots against her unscathed.

Victoria felt her mouth drying.

Her lolo, mama and tito had completely underestimated Yumi back then. If they had known that she was actually part of that guild, then they might have stopped plotting against Yumi right away.

At that moment though, it was Victoria who underestimated her family on mother side. Even if the Santiagos had found out about Yumi's relation to the Assassin Guild, it would still not hinder them from scheming against the lady. After all, Yumi's existence was always a thorn in their throats.

They let her live when she was young because she wasn't that close to the Sybills back then. Plus, she was a coward and timid. They were not considering her as a threat back then which made them spare her life.

However, when Yumi came back to L City with different personality, naturally, they wanted to eliminate her then. She was a threat to Doña Lucianna and Victoria's place in Sybill family so how could the Santiagos let her live.