87: Missing Enemies 1

"Y-you..."

Amelian couldn't believe her eyes as she saw who visited her that day in her jail.

That was her first morning there magmula ng dakipin siya ng mga guwardiya ng Governor General kagabi.

To get through the night, inisip na lang niya ang huling imahe nila Yumi at ng apo niya sa kanyang isipan. That warmed her heart. The beautiful image filled her heart with happiness.

Not right now though. After seeing who were her visitors, it felt like all the positive things in the world had been snuffed out completely.

"How are you, Amelia? Did you miss us?" Don Luis asked her with a sneer.

Aside from him, there was also Doctor Benedicto.

Both came for her obviously.

Amelia couldn't help feeling frustrations. No wonder she felt like the past was repeating itself. It was because these two had been together again and plotting once more against her.

She didn't know too why these two were so adamant to bring her down.

In her entire time in Adarna Society, she only had very few encounters with these two. She couldn't even remember those times already.

Oh well, except when these two stepped up in petitioning her removal to the organization.

Meanwhile, that couldn't be said with this master and disciple. They remembered every encounter they had with Amelia.

Since she joined the Adarna Society, they had been overshadowed by her. They were men. Medicine was their territory but when she appeared, all of their discoveries and progress paled in comparison with her raw skills in healing people.

They'd got to admit that she was really a Divine Doctor.

But then exactly because of that why they couldn't let her continue doing Medicine anymore.

They lost patients because of her.

And so when Don Luis used her experimental pill and killed someone, Doctor Benedicto didn't hesitate to support the Santiagos to use her as escapegoat.

That was hitting two birds with one stone.

His disciple, Don Luis, was able to escape his doom, at the same time, they were able to get rid Amelia, the Divine Doctor.

Unexpectedly though, she made a comeback years ago and people were very receptive of her. That's because her own daughter had a very resounding name and reputation too.

This daughter was just like her kother in terms of skill. But when it came to attitude, she was fiercer. She would not take any lost from evildoers that easily. Even Don Lucio who scared lots of people ended up losing his life to her.

Also, this daughter's accomplisments were competing with her mother's.

However, Don Enrico had gained an interest to Mayumi. So Doctor Benedicto had to step back and did nothing towards her.

Instead, he began to think of making Yumi take their sides. When Don Enrico said he wanted her in his alliance, he even encouraged it.

Unfortunately, hindi niya magawang malapitan ang dalaga dahil nasa paligid nito palagi si Doctor Erasmus. What's more, there was also her grandfather and then Amelia's comeback.

He made up his mind then though.

If he wouldn't be able to use that Yumi, then he only had one choice in dealing with her. That was to ruin her like her mother.