49: Flower Viewing Party 1

When weekend came, the Flower Viewing Party also came too.

It was said that General Arturo's wife had the most beautiful and bountiful flower garden in the whole capital. Actually, their mansion in R Province was the top in the whole country.

But as they had lived in the capital for a while now too, naturally, the doña had also nurtured a garden here. Obviously, she was someone with green thumb so both garden flourished so well.

And she had this party every now and then when it was time for her flowers to bloom.

Mostly, she would just invite ladies.

But there were also some special invites for the lad guests, like the Governor General's sons.

This time, Nero and Sancho were the only ones who could come along side with their sisters.

However, Yumi, Victoria and Malia didn't know about this at all. That's why when the arrival of those two lads were announced, they couldn't help wondering because they thought this party would be exclusive to the ladies.

"Why are they here?" Malia asked aloud to herself. Well, Yumi and Victoria were with her so naturally they wouldn't know the answer to that.

She actually wasn't expecting any answer from anyone at all. But someone did it anyway.

"My mother will, of course, extend an invite to the Governor General's whole family as courtesy to them. And since Ginoong Sancho and Ginoong Nero have free time, they have decided to come. I hope this doesn't bother you ladies much."

It was Agatha who said this with a sneer on her face. She was followed by Helena and Amara.

Sakto namang pagtigil nila sa harapan nila Yumi when Lavina, Isabella, Sancho and Nero arrived in front of them too.

"Well, what a pleasant surprise to see you three here." Lavina said with an eyebrow raised and a smirk on her lips.

"Why the surprise though? We receive an invite so naturally, it is just normal for us to be here then." Victoria said.

"Please don't misunderstand my sister. I guess, given the recent news everyone has received about your family lately, we are just thinking that you won't have enough time to attend parties." Sancho intervened, his eyes were focused on Yumi.

"You mean about the wedding of Yumi and my brother?" Malia bluntly asked. "Well, why won't we have enough time? My brother is very hands-on with the wedding preparation. He wants everything to be perfect and surprise for Yumi when the day comes. So naturally, he makes Yumi stop worrying about it and instead, let her enjoy her last days as unmarried woman."

"Still, if it was me, I would definitely want to be involved with my own wedding." Helena said.

"Yeah. Unfortunately for you, it is not you marrying my brother." Malia didn't hold back.

Just being surrounded by these people made her feel on the edge.

She knew they were bad news.

She knew they meant harm.

So she would not pretend to like them at all.

Helena, on the other hand, coldly stared at Malia after got spoken by her like that.

Yumi quickly stepped between them so now, she would be the one being glared by Helena.

"Now, now... Let's not be rude towards each other." She told Malia but her gazes clashed with Helena. Then she smiled at the lady sweetly.

"Of course, you are right, Binibining Helena. Believe me. I have tried to get involved with the preparation of Mateo and my wedding. But he just wants to save me from all the trouble. He said, I should have beauty rest instead of getting stressed with it.

"Ai-yooo... I can't blame you judging me. After all, I have also told him before that he doesn't have to spoil me too much and do all the work himself. Alas! That deputy general is quite an iron headed, telling me that as long as he can do it, I do not have to do things at all. Not even cooking. Oh yes! You won't believe it but he is such a great cook. I was quite stunned too when I first found out."

Yumi "unintentionally" blabbered too much. When she realized this, she acted bashful and apologetically looked at Helena.

"Ah, sorry. I guess I talk too much again. I do that everytime I talk about Mateo. I hope you can just ignore my blabbering." Yumi said with a blush creeping on her face.

These statements of Yumi earned annoyance towards the people around her.

Lalo na kanila Sancho at Nero na pareho pang naikuyom ang mga kamao.

Helena also tightened her fist under her sleeves. She naturally knew that Yumi intentionally said those words to make her jealous, which was very effective.

She almost gritted her teeth too in front of everyone, only she was trained well to keep her expression and poise despite what she was really thinking.

Anyway, her mind was now occupied of those things na sinabi ni Yumi.

It should have been her na iniispoil at ipinagluluto ni Mateo.

It should have been her who would marry him at end of the month.

In what way this woman was better than her? Why did she have everything she wanted?

She was the top lady in the whole capital. Not even those daughters of Governor General could surpass her. Her beauty and skills were unmatched.

Therefore, she should be the only one who deserved that deputy general!

Her eyes almost showed anger on it while looking at Yumi who was looking back at her with that sweet smile on her face.

Helena knew better though. This lady wasn't exactly as timid as she was trying to show everyone. She even made Mateo called her useless stone! Now that they were facing each other, this woman was certainly smiling at her as provocation.

Great! This is just so great!

She would see if this woman could still smile later.

After all, she had paid a great trouble today just for her specifically.

At the end of this day, this woman would be ruined. The wedding would definitely no longer happen and soon, she would have the deputy general herself.

A sneer appeared in Helena's face which made Yumi raised an eyebrow with great interest.

Eh? Seemed like this day was going to be eventful, wouldn't it be?

Yumi's smile turned more gorgeous by this thought.

Meanwhile, those people around Helena and Yumi had been oblivious of what transpired between the two.

"Let's go inside, Malia." Aya ni Agatha kay Malia na ikinawit pa ang braso sa dalaga.

Malia had no choice but to walk with Amara then.

Helena, Agatha, Lavina and Isabella followed them inside the hall after throwing  looks and sneers towards Yumi and Victoria.

"After you, ladies..." Nero told them even meeting Yumi's eyes.

But she just looked at the two lads coldly before hooking her arms to Victoria and went inside the hall too.

After all, Malia had entered the witches' den first with that Agatha. She might need saving later.

***