99: Surprised 1

After another week, saka pa lamang nagising si Sancho mula sa mahimbing niyang pagkakatulog. But Amelia had prevented him from moving out of bed yet.

So he stayed lying there while it was his sisters who attended to his needs while recuperating. Asahi would also help too most especially if it was not convenient for Isabella and Lavina to do so.

Anyway, while they were helping him out, they also told him about what happened to him.

"You were in precarious situation back then, so after we eliminated those who were chasing us, we rushed here as soon as we could." Asahi explained.

"Fortunately, Doctor Amelia is here. She definitely pulled you away from the doors of death literally, Kuya." Isabella added.

The fact that Amelia had taken refuge in that town surprised Sancho. But then again, there wasn't really a choice for her. Besides, Nero was also saved along side with her so he could guess that he was in this city too.

Isabella confirmed that to him right away.

Sancho nodded with that. Pero agad din siyang natigilan. A thought suddenly occured to him.

"Could it mean..." Mayumi is also here?

He wanted to ask that but stop himself right away. He only thought of asking Yumi.

"My sister and her family are also living here." Asahi said as he figured out what Sancho was about to ask.

He didn't think of this too much. Since Yumi used to be pretty close with Don Enrico and his family, they also thought Sancho was close to her. And so it was just normal for him to ask about her.

"I see..."

Sancho refrained from saying more as discussing about Yumi and her family right now was inconvenient. Although he wasn't at the execution, he knew for a fact that it was probably them who rescued those people that day.

Mayumi could easily ask Mateo and knowing the lad, he would not hesitate to do it for her.

However, their situation might be not good right now, but he was still relieved that Yumi was safe.

He sighed to himself.

He left the Capital several weeks later when Mateo had come back from their Acquisition Mission. That same day, he got wind of Yumi's pregnancy.

He also couldn't understand himself at that time but he felt like what was happening to Yumi wasn't supposed to be like that. He felt like... she should have family with him not with Mateo.

He knew! It was silly of him to think like that since the lady had never really gotten close with him apart from that time in L City.

Anyway, his heart ached for unknown reason then he went to his father and asked to be given a mission in one of the faraway minor cities of their country. He would rather fight rebels than bore that kind of heartache.

Noong una, ayaw pa ng ama niya na gawin iyon. Why, he was dearest to him and his mother. But eventually, he signed a decree and he quickly went to that faraway city.

He never thought though na isang araw, mababalitaan na lamang niya na wala na ang kanyang ama at ang mga sumunod pa na mga pangyayari.

But what made him anxious the most about those news were about the fallen out of Don Enrico and Yumi.

He feared his brother would do something against her.

Noon nga lang na nasa iisang alliance pa sila ay samu't sari na ang naiisip na idea ng kanyang kuya para kay Yumi. Now that they were fighting at the opposite sides...