92: Execution 4

"You..."

"Yes, it is me, Don Enrico. Did you miss me?"

"You must have really hated Mateo that's why you are here instead of taking care of your newborn child."

"My baby is currently sleeping. You don't have to worry about her so much. Because by the time she wakes up, I am sure my business here is done."

"As if I will let you succeed." Then the don grabbed the gun of the guard beside him and began shooting onto Yumi.

Mabilis namang naiwasan ni Yumi ang mga ito. She even took out her fan which she used to deflect the bullets of Don Enrico.

Meanwhile, Mateo, Kami, Rui, Ivan, Antoine and the rest of Yumi's people made sure that no one from Don Enrico's people would be able to meddle to the fight between the two.

At the same time, they began rescuing the rest of captives.

Yumi told them that their main mission today was to rescue everyone, including Nero, Helena, the maid and her whole family.

She told them to do this because she knew for a fact that Don Enrico would be angered thoroughly if this execution ended up a fail most especially that he was planning to use this to get the hearts of the commoners who dearly loved the late Governor General. Besides, they already made a big fuss over this execution, even used poster all over the country just for this.

And so, Yumi would use this too to make sure the Don lost a lot today.

Anyway, the older man was out of bullets soon.

This time, he managed to grab a sword from one of his guards.

Kami, who had just rescued Amelia, saw this and quickly took a sword from another guard of Don Enrico.

"Yumi..." He called and threw the sword towards her which she managed to catch easily.

Now, she and the don began their swordfighting.

Unexpectedly, Don Enrico could face off with Yumi really well.

The latter, however, was not really that surprised. She knew the don was skilled in swordfighting. The two of them used to practice fencing together.

When the don was not yet like this, he surrounded himself with skilled guards because he didn't want to use swords as much as possible. He was firmed to only use them himself if he was really forced to do so.

Yumi, in actuality, admired this man very much. But right now, all those admiration had completely vanished.

"You dare again to oppose me." Don Enrico said while gritting his teeth and their swords were clashing.

"Why not? It is actually fun to see you this angry. Look, I even force you to hold a sword." Yumi said in a carefree tone. "Besides, do you really think I will let you go that easily? You have taken and used a dear friend against me. Then you have captured my mother. You know me well too, Don Enrico. I don't like to be disadvantaged at all. Not even from the old friend like you."

Yumi's eyes turned cold and her attacks began to get heavy too.

Don Enrico might be skilled in swordfighting but how was he a match of Yumi?

Of course, since Yumi's attacks were getting heavier and quicker, Don Enrico had a hard time taking them.

By this time, the lady was turning serious. Recalling Don Enrico's schemes against her, most especially during her labor, made her very irked.

What she was feeling was thoroughly expressed on her strikes against Don Enrico. The older man could only defend himself.

Unexpectedly, Gwen suddenly rushed between the two during the fight.

Yumi was forced to stop halfway her onslaught of Don Enrico, while the latter suddenly forgot to defend himself and acted quickly to pull Gwen behind him.

But the lady insisted to stand in front of him and faced Yumi. She was pale but she managed to looked directly at Yumi.

"You can't hurt him. If you do, you have to kill me first."

"Gwenivere..." Don Enrico called her with a troubled expression.

Yumi, on the other hand, still had her sword upward. She was still on her striking pose.

She met Gwen's eyes and both of them stared at each other for a while.

Then her jaw clenched, as well as her hand holding her sword.

When Don Enrico saw that, he suddenly stood in front of Gwen. Obviously, he thought Yumi would strike the lady.

"Go. Take away everyone with you. But don't show your face to me anymore." He coldly told Yumi.

The latter put down her sword slowly.

"It is not your decision whether I will show my face to you again, Don Enrico. Debts have to be collected while we are all still alive. Today, however, you are saved by her. But the next time she stood in front of my sword, I will definitely not be merciful like today."

Yumi threw the sword on the ground and turned around to approach the others.

At that moment though, a group of men surrounded the whole plaza. Then some of them began attacking Yumi's people.

Yumi frowned upon seeing that those men were able to push her people back.

When she looked at those men carefully, she realized they were no ordinary at all.

"They are puppets." Kami and Rui said at the same time.

"Let's go. Our mission is done here."

Yumi decided to retreat quickly as her people were not yet prepared for the endurance strength of these puppets. Plus the amount of them who quickly surrounded the area was no joke at all too.

If they would really engaged in a fight with them, tiyak na madedehado sila.

Anyway, Kami and the rest began to retreat as Yumi commanded. They had taken the captives and escaped that place right away.

The puppets tried to run after them. But their speed weren't on par with Yumi's people at all.

And just like that, Don Enrico and his people ate that much lose that day, losing their captives and showing the enemy their secret weapons.

***