17: Fastforward 1

Days, months and years passed by quickly.

Yumi dedicated herself during these times in her studying, teahouse and cosmetic shop.

People helped her a lot too in managing her businesses.

Narcissa managed the Red Cosmetics while Malia, Gwen and Victoria would always helped out there.

Even after they began their internships for their respective courses and eventually graduated in Colegio, they still found ways to help out there.

Sa teahouse naman, dahil nasa Capital na si Koshi, Madam Maria and Muna took the full management of the teahouse.

So far, both businesses were doing very well and became Yumi's steady source of income these past few years.

Meanwhile, her family members also saw success with their respective careers.

Amelia continued Lolo Pikit's clinic at the same time, she was doing her research about healing pills and potions. She never stopped developing the All-Healing pill, you know. She was also aware that the Santiagos had developed the pill she and Don Martin created before into something unspeakable. Kaya din pinupush niya na makagawa ng medisina na kayang gamutin ang lahat para rin makontra hindi lang ang mga sakit kundi ang mga ganoong karumaldumal na mga bagay.

As for her sons, Daichi was promoted and now one of the team leaders na naghahandle ng mga nagrrondang Guardia Civil sa High Market.

Asahi, on the other hand, was convinced by Koshi to build his boutique shop in the M Capital 2 years ago where the citizens were more willing to pay a lot for the quality of dresses and clothings he was producing.

He was still sending clothes to their family, of course. Even Gwen, Narcissa and Malia were receiving a dress or two when he did so. Mukhang madami na ring mananahi na nakakatulong sa kanya si Asahi so he could send these extra dresses for them.

Anyway, Yumi was having these thoughts about what had happened to her life these past five years.

Indeed, napakadami na nga talagang nangyari sa kanila. But there were still lots of things she needed to do and after tomorrow, she could officially start addressing those things na isinantabi niya dahil na rin sa pag-aaral niyang maging doktor.

Her life would literally unpause the day after tomorrow.

"Can't sleep?"

Yumi, who was leaning on the veranda of the balcony, looked behind her and saw her parents approaching her.

Don't misunderstand.

Amelia and the great general weren't back together yet.

But... they were co-parenting for Yumi and Victoria too.

Daichi, Asahi at Koshi were more independent since they were lads. But these two ladies needed more attention and guidance from their parents, as what Amelia and General Vicente believed.

So they had agreed to do co-parenting for their sakes.

Amelia even agreed to stand as Victoria's mother. The latter didn't mind anymore. Since the older woman was very nice to her, she wouldn't push her away and be ingrate at all.

Besides, sa kanilang dalawa ni Yumi, mas kailangan niya ng pagkalinga ng mga magulang.

Yumi had a tendency to be fully self-dependent but not her. She was raised and nurtured in seclusion by Doña Lucianna back then. She was spoiled and every whim she had was provided to her at once.

Although she had some personality development these past years, there were still moments where she was comparatively weaker than Yumi.

The elders (Doña Margarita, Amelia and General Vicente) knew about this so this co-parenting existed.