9: Agreement 3

(A/N: I know there are lots of Mikael supporters who will be heartbroken by this. But I don't want another Rui character. 😅)

That night...

"I am engaged to her now." Mateo told Mikael na kakabalik pa lamang mula sa ospital.

Agad namang natigilan ang binata. Then he looked back at Mateo.

He was about to ignore his twin brother like the usual. He had a normal day in tge hospital but he still felt better. However, when he heard what Mateo had said, he couldn't help stopping and unbelievably looked at his brother.

"What did you say?"

"I know you heard me."

Mikael's fist tightened and his jaw clenched.

"You... what have you done?"

The first thing na pumasok sa isipan niya ay pinilit ni Mateo si Yumi sa engagement na iyon. Otherwise, why would she accept it?

She was someone who would not rush over engagement and marriage because she was passion driven to be a doctor.

These past few months, he learned how Yumi was never impulsive and always weighing things before deciding. And she was clear that her priority at the moment were her career and her family.

So for her to get engage with Mateo, he must have forced her to accept.

Afterall, his twin brother was known from getting what he wanted. Whatever it may cost him.

"What? Do you think you are the only one who has genuine intention to her? I didn't do anything to her. This engagement is something we have decided together."

Damn this Mateo...

He was definitely rubbing it more to his face.

Mikael was trying to calm down his emotion. He was trying to keep himself from doing something na pagsisisihan niya sa huli.

"Mateo... You really... I told you back then to stay away from her. I know we are not seeing eye to eye but for you to do this behind my back, am I still your brother?"

"This has nothing to do about us being brothers. We like each other... a lot. And this happens."

Mikael squinted his eyes towards him. "You really never fight fair, do you know that?"

Mateo kept quiet.

Well, he didn't really intend to do so in the first place. He was the one who insisted to compete with him.

But would he let others to have an advantage over someone whom he likes?

Never...

That's always gonna be his answer.

Not even against his brother would he be such a giver.

"Damn, you..."

"Seeing you angry like this, Mikael... Would it pacify you if you punch me?"

It was said as a taunt towards Mikael.

Unexpectedly, the lad answered yes and caught Mateo off guard as his punch really landed on the latter's face.

"You might as well stay away from my way from now on, Mateo. There is no way I will be appeased by just a punch."

That's all at lumabas ng muli ng residence si Mikael.

***

"I heard Mikael. Where is he?" Doña Teresa asked when Mateo entered the house alone.

"He came out again." He simply answered.