54: Stolen 3

By this time, Malia and Victoria had already realized that Yumi was gone for a while now and they were currently confronting the maid of Agatha on the garden, away from the other guests.

"S-señorita, h-hindi ko po talaga alam kung saan nagpunta si Señorita Mayumi. Ang alam ko lamang po ay may isa pang servant ang nag-abot sa kanya ng sulat at nagmadali na siyang umalis."

"Don't lie to us. Yumi will never leave without telling us first." Victoria said angrily.

"That's right. You keep saying that but then you can't even tell us who that servant is. You are obviously lying." Malia added, she was frustrated and worried at the same time.

"I told you nga po. That servant is not one of our people."

"Then is that how lacking of security this residence? That any servant could get inside the mansion to approach a guest?"

"Be careful of what you are saying, Binibining Victoria. I do not deal well with putrid mouths at all."

"I am just stating the truth here, Binibining Agatha. Isn't that exactly what happen here?"

Agatha snorted.

"Do not put this on us. Who knows kung sinong kinita ng kapatid mo? Well, this is amazing, right? Ikakasal na lang siya at lahat lahat pero nagawa pa niyang makipagkita kung kanikanino. Tell me, can it be another man?" She even laughed meanfully.

Malia was quick to act this time and slapped Agatha's face.

"Take back your words. You know nothing about Yumi. You cannot tell those words to her at all." Mangiyak ngiyak na si Malia dahil na rin sa dami ng emosyon niya sa mga oras na iyon.

Frustration, worry and anger because of this Agatha and her words.

Plus, the slap she gave Agatha was so hard it also stung her hand a lot.

Agatha was mad because of what Malia did. She was about to attack back but Amara stepped between them.

"Go away, Amara."

"I won't. Hurt everyone you want but not her."

"She slapped me!"

"If you didn't run your mouth like that, she would not do that at all."

"Pinapanigan mo ba sila, Amara?" Lavina asked.

"I am siding to no one. But as I said, you cannot hurt Malia. Not unless you want me to hurt you back."

This silenced Agatha and Lavina at once.

They could tell that Amara was serious.

They knew Amara's strength. She knew how to fight unlike them who could easily get defeated by a slap. And if Amara really attacked them, they would definitely be at the losing end.

"Alright. Calm down, everyone. This is indeed worrisome. If Binibining Victoria and Binibining Malia are both saying na hindi sila iiwan basta basta ni Binibining Mayumi, then it must be true. After all, sila naman ang nakakakilala ng husto sa kanya.

"Anyway, just to be sure too, I also ask my maidservant to check the carriages of your family. She should be back by now."

Helena calmly told them.

The atmosphere had somehow ease up because of her words.

However, Victoria couldn't help squinting her eyes towards Helena.

Why did she feel as if she was too easy going about this issue?

Amongst these ladies, she hated Yumi the most. If something happened to the lady, she would be gaining a lot more.

Napuna naman ni Helena ang mapaghinalang tingin ni Victoria sa kanya.

She just chuckled at her.

"I may not like your sister because of Deputy General Mateo but it is also because of him why I won't dare to do anything towards her. I already lose him over her. Do you think I can even afford to gain his anger? Besides, what can I possibly do to your sister?"

"All I know, anything is possible when someone is so desperate."

"Desperate?" Lavina chortled. "Isn't that your sister? She seems so desperate for men, isn't she?"

"That's enough, Lavina. Nadadala lang ng emosyon nila sila Binibining Victoria at Binibining Malia. Besides, this isn't about me at all. It should be about Binibining Mayumi."

Sakto naman na dumating na ang maidservant ni Helena.

"Señorita, wala na po doon ang karwahe ng mga Sybill. Tanging ang naroroon na lamang ay ang sa mga Portabello. Ipinagtanong ko din po sa mga nagbabantay doon kung nakita ba nila si Binibining Mayumi.

"Ang sabi po nila ay hindi nila alam kung siya ba ang nakita nila ngunit may dalaga nga pong nagpunta doon at sumakay sa karwahe ng mga Sybill."

Everyone looked at Victoria and Malia.

Lavina was even sneering at them and said, "Told you so."

The two clenched their fists. They were still unwilling to accept this.

It was just because they had this hunch bukod pa sa babala ni Amara sa kanila kanina.

Obviously, there was more going on here.

They decided to go to the parking of the carriages and ask those people themselves. They just couldn't trust Helena and her maidservant.

However, they still got the same response.

When they finally met a dead end, they just both decided to go back home and see if Yumi was already there. Kung wala ay hihingi na lang sila ng tulong kanila General Vicente at Mateo.

"Hmph! Akala mo kung sinong mga malilinis. Well, look at this scandal. I know that lady is a slut." Lavina said as they watched the carriage of Portabello moving away.

Wala namang nakapansin sa smirk nila Helena at Agatha maliban kay Amara.

***

"What did you say?" Sancho asked his butler na kabubulong lang sa kanya ng balitang nakalap.

"Señorito, the youngest daughter of General Vicente seems to be missing."

"Are you sure about this?"

"I heard those ladies she was with since we arrived. They were quarrelling about it at the garden."

Sancho frowned and was silent for a moment.

"Señorito, should we do anything about this?"

"Prepare the carriage."

Agad na umalis ang butler niya.

Meanwhile his eyes looked around and observed the people surrounding him.

Sakto namang nakabalik na sila Agatha doon at naupo muli sa pwesto nila.

But they were not the one his eyes focused on.

Rather, it was Nero.

His brother was now talking with Doña Agnes. After some moments, he and his butler walked out from the hall.

"Señorito, naayos ko na po ang karwahe."

"Let's go."

***