Epilogue 6

"Nice work, Malia." Yumi teased the newly wed lady.

The others had gone home at nagsabi na babalik na lang sila kinabukasan but there were four people who had remained and ignored Mateo's glares.

"Stop teasing, Yumi."

"I am just so proud that you have grown backbone now and become the lioness I honed you to be for years."

When others heard this, they couldn't help rolling and shaking their heads.

It was amazing how Yumi was still full of herself despite everything that had happened to her.

Mukhang hindi na talaga magiging humble ang isang ito, not unless, she was acting to scheme others.

"Anyway, kahit masaya ako dahil matapang ka na ngayon, but it doesn't mean I approve your marriage today. How dare you not include me to your wedding, eh?"

This time, Malia couldn't help feeling guilty. Of course, she wanted to include her too. But then, one unconscious groom was enough to make the wedding today to be weird, you know.

She kept that thought to herself though at nag-iwas na lamang ng paningin kay Yumi.

Kami saved her though. He chuckled and told Yumi, "Wait for our real wedding then."

"Fine." Then Yumi transferred her gazes towards Victoria and Rui.

"What about you two? When do you plan to get marry?"

"Mayumi!" Saway ni Victoria sa kapatid while her face was blushing uncontrollably.

As for Rui...

He stood up and approached both Yumi and Kami.

"I am glad you ask that."

The two invalids looked at each other. Somehow, there was a foreboding air around Rui when he began to speak. At hindi nga sila nagkamali. The next words rendered both Yumi and Kami speechless.

"I am going to formally file a two-year leave of absence. Didn't the two of you have rested yourselves for two years and leave me alone handling that quite big organization? Then since you are awake now, it is time na ako naman ang magbakasyon."

"Yah, Rui. We were in coma, not in vacation." Kami said with indignation.

"It doesn't matter."

"You still need my approval. I am your boss, you know." Yumi told him.

"Try me."

In the end, wala ding nagawa ang dalawa kahit anong kontra nila kay Rui. He made up his mind already. Anyway, they actually didn't try hard to convince him too. Because somehow, they knew they owe the lad a lot.

"Hindi pa ba kayo aalis?" Mateo soon asked the four remaining visitors of Yumi.

Natawa lang naman si Yumi dahil sa madilim ng ekspresyon ng kanyang asawa.

"Go then bago pa magalit ng husto si Mateo. But come back tomorrow or another since we have a lot to catch up with. And Rui, before you go to your sabbatical, can you bring Narcissa to me? I have a lot of things to discuss with her."

Dahil sa dami ng bilin ni Yumi sa apat, napilitan na si Mateo na pagtulakan ang apat palabas ng kanilang tahanan.

"My goodness, Mateo, you are still as petty as before."

"You are not in your top condition. You need to rest. Besides, maghapon na nilang inokupa ang oras mo. How about me then?"

"See? Petty..."