13: Gathering 2

"How was it?" Kami asked Yumi right away as soon as they entered the the office of Le Rouge.

"You are right. It is good that I have sounded Don Enrico's and his relationship first before taking any action.

"Guess what? The don happens to be very fond of him."

Kami sighed. Now this really became complicated.

What Yumi only wanted to do was to get even against Sancho.

But her alliance with Don Enrico would surely get in the way.

"Also, Mateo isn't aware of he is."

"It is not surprising. You know how that man works really."

Yumi nodded.

"Kami, he isn't supposed to recognize me, right? But he stared back at me kanina."

"Maybe he was stunned by your beauty."

Yumi rolled her eyes.

She was vain at times, yes. But she just couldn't claim that it was because of her beauty why Sancho stared back at her like that.

"Sancho isn't easily swayed by beauty."

Kami sneered. "Yeah?"

"I am serious, Kami."

"I am serious too, Yumi. You cannot do anything against him yet but it doesn't mean you should defend him. What? Is your loving feeling for him wake up after meeting him personally today?"

"Shut up. Who has loving feeling for that guy? Tch... I just think it was weird that he stared back at me. I know him, you know. I know him very well."

"Yeah? Is that why you end up jumping off the cliff?"

Yumi raised an eyebrow at Kami. Why was he suddenly snappy at her, eh?

"Are you jealous?"

"Yes. Stop talking about him. I don't want you talking about that guy again like this. He killed you, remember. He is not a good person."

Yumi blinked several times.

After that, she couldn't help lqughing out loud. Her eyes was even tearing after laughing that hard.

"Oh my, Kami..."

Kami just rolled his eyes at her. He definitely inflated her ego by saying those to her, that's for sure. But he couldn't help it.

She was defending that a-hole and kept saying she know him. He just hated it.

Seeing that Kami was still pissed, Yumi stood up atsaka inakbayan ito.

She knew exactly that Kami's jealousy was more like his worries about her feeling towards Sancho.

Damn, Kami knew how she was head over heels to that guy. She even used to talk to him about settling down with that guy.

Masisisi niyo ba siya? She only had three men in her life. One was her master... One was her best friend... And then Sancho.

But that feelings had been replaced by hatred and loathing since that dreadful night had happened to her.

As she had promised before she jumped off that cliff, she would never trust that Sancho again.

That included having loving feeling for him.

"Oo na po. I won't talk about him like that again. Anyway, I was just puzzled because he really stared at me as if he recognized me."

"That's impossible. This face... *pinching Yumi's cheeks using his one hand* ...is no where near your old face in the past life."