83: New Life, New War 1

"W-what happened?" Tanong ni Malia kay Rui when he suddenly rode the carriage with Yumi on his arms.

"Her water broke."

"Oh my..."

Since the carriage was not big enough, Rui had Yumi sat beside Malia. She quickly leaned on the lady dahil na rin sa tindi ng sakit na nararamdaman niya sa kanyang may tiyan.

Rui couldn't help feeling disturb by how much sweat had forming on Yumi's face now. She was already very pale now. Although she wasn't making any sound at the moment. She seemed to be bearing the pain.

In his whole life, pangalawa pa lamang si Yumi na nakita niyang nagkaganito.

As he remembered Julianna's giving birth years ago, he reminded by how much the lady screamed just because of how much pain she was experiencing just by the mere labor alone.

He couldn't comparing that experience to now.

He was sure Yumi was feeling the same degree of pain too. But instead of screaming or making any sound, she was keeping to herself at all.

Hindi niya alam kung hahanga ba dito o magagalit.

His hands acted on its own accord and pinched her cheeks which forced her to stop biting her lips. A groan came out from her mouth.

Yumi, despite her hardship, opened her eyes and glared at Rui.

"Scream if it is too much already. What are you bearing the pain like this for?"

Then he pulled out a handkerchief and handed it to Malia.

"Wipe her sweat." He said saka pumwesto na sa tabi ng kutsero. He told the man to drive back to the Deputy General mansion at mabilis naman itong kumilos.

Soon, they were on the way back home.

"Fortunately, you are around here, Rui." Malia muttered with relief on her voice. She already knew that much about Yumi and the Assassin Guild since Kami and her got into official relationship. Naturally the lad would not lie to her so she already knew about these three's other life. Of course, Yumi consented telling her the truth.

On the other hand, Rui was also thinking the same. It was really fortunate na nagprisinta siya upang magmanman sa mansion nila Don Enrico. And when they came a while ago, he actually couldn't help frowning.

Why did Mateo let his wife enter the den of the enemy?

Hindi maalis sa isipan niya na itong biglaang pagsakit ng tiyan ni Yumi.

Although it was already the month for her giving birth, the fact that her water broke in that place was just too much coincidence for him.

Anyway, they arrived the mansion and he carried Yumi once again patungo sa kwarto nila ni Mateo.

The lad was at work so he sent people to get him as well as Yumi's mother.

Agad namang nagsikilos ang mga tauhan nila although they felt a little panic since it was their boss who was on labor at the moment.

"Xun Xue, come here." Rui called the lady. Agad naman itong lumapit sa kanya. "Take this to Kami. Ask him to figure out what is included in that liquid?"

He handed her a bottle containing a small amount of liquid. When he came for Yumi kanina sa loob ng mansion nila Don Enrico, he didn't forget to dip a piece of his sleeves onto the tea na hindi naubos ni Yumi kanina.

While at the carriage, he twisted his sleeves in order to extract as much liquid as he could from it into this small bottle.

Since he had doubt, he wouldn't hesitate to investigate then.