115: Tower of Death

Don Enrico didn't like what was going on in the middle of battlefield.

He kept receiving reports of how much of his men had fallen down already.

Most of all, they could no longer use the puppets because of Yumi's antidote.

Soon, they already reached the peak of this war. And it was not tilted on their side.

The Generals' side breached the capital and now marching towards the Governor General's mansion.

They were in the tight spot and all they could do was to take desperate actions.

Unexpectedly, one of these desperate actions of theirs would cause Yumi to be hurt the most.

***

"Hi, Don Enrico. We meet again." Yumi told as she and Mateo cornered Don Enrico and his people during their attempt to go to the largest tower of the capital where the remaining weapons of theirs were hidden.

"And you must be Doctor Benedicto. This is good, isn't it? I have already eliminated Don Luis. Now it is the turn of the two of you. My collection of your debts will soon be done."

Yumi smiled at them sweetly.

All her affection towards Don Enrico had vanished completely a long time ago. Now seeing these two men like trapped preys pleased her so much.

"Capture them." Mateo commanded and his men prepared to take Don Enrico and Doctor Benedicto.

However, the other side also had men with them.

Naturally, those armies had pledged their lives to the governor general and so that's what they were going to do.

They stood in front of Don Enrico and Doctor Benedicto. Then took a fighting stance towards Mateo's men.

"I see. You people have no morals at all. For you to defend these monsters after they turned everyone in this city as Human Puppets, you are obviously no different with them at all." Yumi told them.

"We made an oath. Our lives are dedicated to the Governor General."

"A General and his soldiers who blindly give their lives to an evil leader are no different than dogs." Mateo said full of spite.

The general in front of them and their soldiers could only gulp. Well, it was too late for them to back down now. All they could only do was to honor their oaths as the entrusted Military of Don Enrico.

"Men, even if this our last stance, we must uphold our honor. We took an oath to protect the Governor General with our lives. Even if we lose our lives now, at least we have no regrets. Real men never back down on their promises!" The general said loudly with full of conviction.

"Aye, General!" His men answered loudly. Their morale were uplifted because of his speech.

"Fools!" Mateo angrily told them. He was about to knock some sense onto them but Yumi stopped him.

"I'd like this futile attempt to hide your weakness behind the word honor. Oh well, if you really want to stay and defend those monsters, then fine. At least it is justified for us to kill all of you now." Yumi said with her sly smile.

They couldn't help feeling a shiver behind them as they saw her smile. But as what they had said before, it was too late to back away now.

***

Meanwhile, Malia, Victoria and Amara were also in the same tower.

They didn't give up the idea yet of convincing Gwen. So when they saw her entered this tower through the back door, they followed her too.