89: Execution 1

The death of Governor General soon spread all over the country. Of course, everyone grieved for this.

Everyone heard that he was poisoned.

Naturally, his supporters quickly gathered in front of the Governor General's mansion to ask for justice.

Since a lot of people came, the result of the investigation was of course needed to be announced to the public.

So they gathered everyone at the plaza and that was when Don Enrico, Doctor Benedicto and Don Luis appeared together. They were also joined by the Head of Law Enforcement Office in M Capital.

"Everyone..." Don Enrico began. The people instantly fell quiet so he could speak freely and everyone could hear him. "I am Enrico Navarro. In light of my father's death, my brother, Nero, who was supposed to be his Regent, was taken into custody of the Guardia Civil. Therefore, I will accompany you all today as the new Regent."

This naturally caused several murmurings.

Taken to the custody? Did it mean that Nero had something to do with the Governor General's death?

"Anyway, without further ado, let us all hear the result of the investigation."

First to come up was the Head of Law Enforcement telling everyone about what had happened that day, starting from Helen bringing the medicine to the Governor General.

"...In our guess, the Governor General was poisoned by that medicine given to him. To confirm that, we are honored to have Doctor Benedicto here who is the Head of Adarna Society to conduct the autopsy to the leader of our country."

That's when Doctor Benedicto moved forward. His expression was solemn. By this, people had already more or less a guess of what he about to say.

"It is my great grief to confirm that the medicine, indeed, contained poison."

He said more about the condition of the body of Governor General, trying to explain to everyone his expertise. But no one really paid that much more attention.

What he said first was enough.

Now, it was known by people of M Capital that the Governor General hired Divine Doctor Amelia as his personal physician. So for the medicine to be poisoned, did it mean she had something to do with this too?

Once again, the Head of Law Enforcement stepped forward to continue telling everyone about their investigation.

"Furthering our investigation, we received confession from Doña Helena's personal maid..."

The maid simply confessed that Helena and Nero had planned to kill the Governor General so as the lad could have his position right away. She even said that the poisoned medicine came from Doctor Amelia.

But then she also said that the poisoning of the Governor General was unintentional. It wasn't supposed to happen that day and not likely when it was Helena delivering the medicine to the Governor General.

They wanted use it when someone else was going to deliver the medicine to him. But that day, Helena had beaten her viciously. And so she decided to swap the medicine that day into the poisoned medicine they were hiding.

Naturally, after she confessed this, the maid was also taken as suspect.

"All those four people have been arrested the same day. Also, that maid led us to the poisoned medicine in Helena's room. We have added that for our evidence in this case.

"Everyone, we have already presented to all of you the suspects, the murder weapon, the evidence and motives. I believe this is enough to close this case and punish the murderers."