86: New Life, New War 4

"Where is she? Where is my daughter?" General Vicente asked loudly to no one in particular as soon as they arrived at Mateo and Yumi's home.

Kasunod niya sila Doña Margarita, Victoria at Malia. Obviously, it was the latter who came and informed them about Yumo's situation.

Natagalan lamang sila na magpunta dito dahil pinapuntahan pa ni Doña Margarita ang heneral sa barracks upang sabay sabay na silang magtungo dito.

Anyway, inabutan nila na si Muna lamang ang nasa labas ng master bedroom at paroo't parito.

"General, nasa loob pa po sila. I think, Señorita's giving birth at this very moment."

And to confirm that, Yumi's scream was heard by them all loud and clear from within the room.

The general was about to walk and open the door but Doña Margarita stopped him.

"Mama, why are you stopping me?"

"Why not? If you barge in there suddenly, anong gagawin mo sa loob? Makakaistorbo ka lang sa kanila doon."

"But..."

"Let's just wait here. Muna, how about you bring us tea and some snacks first?"

Muna nodded and quickly went to the kitchen.

Then the four of them sat on the living room at doon naghintay.

The general couldn't handle the waiting while hearing that scream of Yumi within the room. He ended up pacing back and forth.

Muna had just finished serving them some teas and snacks when suddenly they heard a commotion outside the house.

"What is it?" Kunot noong tanong ni Doña Margarita.

Malia and Victoria quickly went to the windows upang tignan kung anong nangyayari sa labas.

Unexpectedly, they saw many guards there. And no, they were not people of General Vicente nor Mateo.

They were all from the Governor General's mansion base na rin sa sigil ng mga ito.

"Papa, I think you should come out there." Victoria said.

The general did what his daughter suggested. Meawhile Doña Margarita also followed him.

"What is the meaning of this? Why are you all here?"

"Great General, please give way. We are not here for you." The Main Guard of Governor General said sternly.

Nangunot ang noo ni General Vicente dahil hindi niya gusto ang tono nito. Why, he seemed to not giving respect to him at all.

"Then who is it you came here for?"

"We've come for the Divine Doctor Amelia. She needs to come with us right now."

"Doctor Amelia is not available right now. My granddaughter is currently giving birth. Naturally siya ang nagpapaanak dito ngayon."

"It doesn't matter. We need her to come right now." Then the main guard looked at people he brought. They began moving at once and was about to infiltrate the house just for Amelia.

But General Vicente blocked their way then he bellowed, "Don't you all dare! If something happens to my daughter, I will have you all accountable before the Governor General."

Doon naman narealize ng Main Guard na hindi pa rin alam ng Great General ang pagkamatay ng Governor General.

"Great General, this is why we are here. The Governor General is dead. And Doctor Amelia is one of the prime suspects since it was her medicine which caused his death."