10: Parade 1

"Yumi!"

"Ah, damn..."

Yumi wanted to hide the moment she heard that voice. In fact, iniwan niya agad ang ginagawa niya and was supposed to come to her office right away.

But the caller was quick at naunahan siya nito.

"Is it true? You are engaged to my Kuya Mateo now?"

Yumi almost cursed.

Damn this Malia...

Did she really have to shout that out loud?

Now everyone in this teahouse knew about the engagement. Ugh!

Although they didn't have customers yet as it was lunch break of her staffs, but still...

"What?" Gulat na tanong ni Asahi.

"Exactly what did you say, Malia?" Koshi asked.

"Mayumi Valdez... What the hell?" Daichi directly asked her with his frowning and darkening face.

Uh-oh...

"Ooops... You haven't told them yet." Malia calmed down as she realized what she had done.

"Thank you, Malia. Your brother was supposed to talk to them. Now you did it on his behalf." Yumi told the lady sarcastically.

Malia suddenly felt bad. She was about to say sorry to her when Daichi scolded her.

"No, Malia. Don't apologize to her. Kundi mo pa sinabi ay hindi namin malalaman. Mayumi, you better start explaining now or else..."

Napalunok na lang si Yumi.

***

"Señorita's engaged to Señorito Mateo? Do you know about this too, Muna?" The teahouse staffs asked Muna.

Señorita and her brothers entered her office along with Malia, Gwen, Kami, Rui and Maria.

Napailing lang naman si Muna.

It was true that she was always with Yumi but there were still a lot of things na hindi niya alam tungkol sa dalaga.

"Wow... Nakakabigla lang. I thought it is Señorito Mikael whom she would marry in the end. After all, ang tyaga nitong manligaw sa kanya mula pa noong una." Another expressed her thoughts about it.

Muna could only agree to that. She also thought that her Señorita liked Señorito Mikael the most sa lahat ng mga manliligaw niya. But color her surprise! She got engaged now to Señorito Mateo.

"Well, Mateo isn't a bad choice at all." Narcissa said.

"Yes. But you know, bukod kay Señorito Mikael, there is still Señorito Kami."

"Oh, they are just friends." Muna said with certainty.

"How about Rui?" Narcissa asked while her head was lowered sa ginagawa niyang pastry.

"He is Señorita's personal guard."

"How about that... that son of Don Simon? He is definitely not a friend of Señorita. He is obviously smitten by her too." The one who asked this earned a knock on her head.

"Are you kidding? Kung si Señorito Mikael nga ay walang pag-asa, si Señorito Ivan pa kaya?"

"Sabagay..."

They all agreed to that.

Sakto namang labas nila Yumi noon and she heard clearly ang huling sinabi ng isa sa mga tauhan niya.

Her mouth twitched.

Ai-yooo... Even her people subjected her now to their daily dose of gossips.