75: Doña Silvanna

"I am very disappointed. Amongst all of you, my allies, only one seems to be able to really support me."

That what Don Enrico said to the alliance meeting that day.

After lunch, they quickly gathered in his mansion just to talk about the most immediate concern of everyone.

The regency...

After Don Enrico said this, hindi mapigilan ng mga kasamahan nila na mahiya na lang din. Well, they knew they really failed him this time.

"Ehem... Kuya, what has been done is done. What can we only do now is to discuss about what we are going to do after Kuya Nero took the seat as Regent." Sancho said.

Don Enrico shrugged. "Then how about you discuss about it now? I'd like to hear and see if you all can really do something for me or do I need to make some consideration about this alliance at all."

He stood up and was about to go but he stopped again to look back at Yumi.

"Yumi, you are excused. Come with me first before you go home."

Yumi looked around first before standing up and followed the Don.

"Do you have any pain, Don Enrico?" She asked as soon as they were already out of earshot.

The don smiled at her.

"If at least half of my alliance members is as good as you... Yes, I have burning pains on my back."

"I do not have my medicine kit though. Let me get in the carriage first."

The don stopped her and signalled to his main guard then. "Go and get Yumi's medicine kit in her carriage."

Mabilis lang din at umalis na ang main guard niya. Then she followed the don up to his study room.

"Anyway, that brother of mine seems to be still pining over you."

"Well, what can I do? I am such an irresistable lady."

The don chuckled. "You are right there."

"But Don Enrico, are you sure you do not want to join their discussion below?"

"No. Let them think of how to rectify this situation on their own. It is time for them to show their worth like you do."

Yumi didn't really feel that the don's praise was out of place. After all, she really did back him there this morning. Since she promised an alliance with him, naturally she would do her best to support him.

However, what made her uncomfortable was him being that cold towards the others. He wasn't like that before. He used to be a very good leader in her eyes. If they encountered some problems, he would step up as the leader to lead them instead.

Now...

She actually didn't know what to think.

Though at the moment, he seemed to be still the same to her but Yumi knew well that he really changed in lots of ways.

Unang una na nga ang trato ng Don kay Doña Silvanna...

And here she used to admire the cohesiveness of the two of them as a couple. It was like they were always in sync.

Until that accident happened though...

Poor Sedric... He had to witness this kind of happening between his parents.

Anyway, naputol ang iniisip ni Yumi when the main guard arrived and she began treating Don Enrico's back.

"Your back is already good." Yumi said after a while.