12: Gathering 1

Several days later, Yumi was summoned by Don Enrico to his office.

She had expected it to happen though.

She was sure na may iilang miyembro ng alliance ng lalaki ang kasama rin sa mga dumating kamakailan lang sa bayan nila. That included that hateful person, surely.

Anyway, she prepared for the meeting and after niyang makabihis ay dumating naman si Kami.

"Yumi, kalma ka na ba? Kaya mo na bang makita ang lalaking iyon ng hindi siya aatakihin?"

"I lost my mind one time but I am sober now. Don't worry. I may still end up very angry but I know my priority well."

Days ago, Kami gave her his investigation about this Sancho Navarro. She never asked him to investigate but he did so anyway. That's how efficient Kami was.

The report said that Sancho was one of the strong candidate for the next Governor General position. He is the favorite son of the current one after all.

But he had an accident a year and a half ago. He injured himself so much that his body become very fragile up until now. He couldn't do so much by now.

But still, no one could deny that he was still a smart and influential one. If one of his brothers wanted to be the next in their father's position, they had to get Sancho on their side.

Unfortunately for the others, Don Enrico and he were very close even before the latter's accident.

These facts were enough for Yumi to step back and held her anger towards Sancho.

If she happened to kill him right away, Don Enrico, even if he liked her, was still going to hunt her alive and bring her head to his father who loved Sancho so much.

And surely, the people she loved would be implicated too if that happened.

So no. She would not do anything against him for the meantime.

Besides, she decided to slowly make him pay for his sins. So there was really no rush to kill him right away.

***

Sancho Navarro wore his usual expressionless face while he was surrounded by these fawning people.

He was a kind of person who could easily lost his interest over some things like this.

Maybe it was because of his accident a year and a half ago.

Well, kahit naman siguro sino ay mawawalan ng gana if they ended up like him.

He survived an assassination that day but ended up falling off to the cliff. It caused his bones to break from his ribs, his arms to his legs.

And now, kahit more than a year na ang nakalipas, his body was still not that well and still very fragile.

He could no longer go out too long without any fear of getting sick the next day. It was like a curse really.

Also, he wasn't able to sleep well last night because of his usual nightmare. So he was really not in the mood to talk to anyone today.

Anyway, most of these people in this gathering knew well that he didn't like to talk and mingling that much anymore, unlike before when his body was still strong and vigorous.

So they just greeted him once and moved on talking with others already.

Besides, he only came today for his brother, Don Enrico. So he didn't put any effort at all to talk to anyone.

"My, my, Sancho... You are sulking again." Doña Silvanna teased him. She approached while carrying Sedric.

"I am just not in the mood, Ate."