23: Double Date

In the end, Yumi brought Kami with her.

Though Kami almost coughed blood because of Yumi's bullying of him. He had to beg her. Even forced him to feed her ego that much just so she would be pleased and ended up agreeing in the end.

This friend of his was definitely getting extreme as days passed by.

But as soon as he saw Malia, nawalang lahat nang sama ng loob niya kay Yumi. Malia was definitely worth every bullying of Yumi towards him.

Did you know that Malia has grown so much beautiful these past years?

Yumi had the out of this world beauty, yes.

But Malia had the kind of beauty that gave warmth and sunshine to anyone's life. Most especially for Kami.

He continued to look as if he was in trance as Malia approached them.

Little did he know, Yumi was actually watching him intently.

Hindi nakaligtas sa dalaga ang halos paghheart shape ng kanyang mga mata. Also that redness of his ears indicating of his uncontrollable feelings towards Malia.

Yumi's face began to darken.

This lad dared to be smitten by another woman under her nose?

She was about to castigate Kami when someone suddenly stood beside her and whispered, "Little wife...", on her ears.

Kinilabutan si Yumi at agad na napaatras pasandal kay Kami. Then she glared at Mateo while massaging her ears which turned red and hot.

Doon naman natauhan si Kami at bahagya pa siyang nagulat when Mateo was suddenly beside Yumi.

"What are you doing here?" Kunot noong tanong ng dalaga sa binata.

Mateo with his sneering face looked at her. But instead of him answering her, Malia did it for him.

"I brought him with me, Yumi... As my chaperone."

Yumi and Kami almost coughed blood.

As her chaperone, she said.

Was it some kind of joke?

"What about your friend here, Little wife? Why is he here?"

Yumi stood up properly and cleared her throat.

"He is also my chaperone."

She felt ashamed saying this but she couldn't quickly think of any reason for bringing Kami with her today.

What was so troubling for this happening was actually the fact na parehas naman silang dalaga ni Malia na maglalagalag sa bayan kaya bakit kailangan pa nilang parehas na magdala ng chaperone? This was definitely a farce.

Kami recovered from his surprise and suddenly realized the greatness of their situation right now.

"Well, isn't this great? This is like a double date." He said with all smile which instanly faltered as soon as he saw the darkening expressions of Yumi and Mateo towards him.

As for Malia, she couldn't help blushing and be bashful as she realized what he meant.

Double date, he said.

A tingling feeling crept in her heart.

In fact, when Kami was still in L City at hindi pa nagpupunta sa M Capital, both of them happened to be acquainted with each other several times.

There were "accidental" meetings which ended up of her and Kami talking for hours.

He wasn't actually that bad.

In fact, she used to anticipate going out back then and see if she would meet him again.

They did meet again, actually. Several more times...

But one day, during their last "accidental" meeting, she was kind of disappointed when Kami told her na pupunta na siya ng M Capital and that might have been their last meeting then.

When she found out about that, hindi na ulit siya lumabas ng bahay nila kung hindi naman kailangan.

However, seeing him again, a bit of happiness sprung in her chest at the same time made her a bit shameful lalo pa nga at naririto si Yumi at ang Kuya niya.

She lowered her head but the pleased expression on her eyes remained there.

Kami and Malia might thought that their accidental meetings was just going to be between the two of them. But actually, Yumi and Mateo were both aware of them.

Mateo originally wanted to come today to see Yumi and forced Malia to say na chaperone siya ng dalaga. But when he saw Kami, he realized that he really should have come today.

***

The four of them began their "double date" around the capital's market.

Yumi wanted to stay beside Kami and made sure na hindi ito mapapalapit kay Malia but Mateo kept on clinging on her side.

Ilang beses na nga niya itong binulungan na lumayo layo sa kanya.

She even warned to beat him to pulp if he pissed her off so much. But the lad just wanted to be on her side all the time.

She felt her temple veins popping out but she couldn't do anything towards Mateo at all since nasa public place sila and she should be acting like a prim and proper lady and not as a gangster.

So she reigned over her irritation though from time to time, she would throw glares at Mateo.

"Are you jealous of Kami and Malia?" Mateo asked her when the two of them lagged behind dahil na rin hinigit siya ng binata. Now, she could no longer see the other two because of the crowd in front of them.

Muntik nang balugbugan ni Yumi ang binata. But instead, nagkasya na lamang siya sa pagtingin dito ng masama.

Mateo didn't mind her glares though. He still looked at her waiting for an answer.

Yumi's expression to grimace.

"So what?"

Mateo put his other hand on his chin.

"Hmmn, maybe I should marry off Malia to him then."

"Are you mad? If you do that, I'll literally tear you apart limb to limb." She said with a sharpened gaze at him.

Mateo was a bit surprised though. She was seriously angered by now. Seemed like that Kami was really important to her.

Was it because they have been together for two lifetimes?

But he was also the same, right?

Though he used to fight her a lot back then as their professions were totally the opposite of each other, but they were not really that enemy back then.

In fact, he thought they enjoyed each other's company before. They made each other's job very interesting and exciting.

But why did Kami so special for her then?

He made a mental note to have a solo talk with this lad then.

If he affirmed that he wasn't bad at all, who knows... Maybe he should really marry him off to Malia just to get rid off him and to assure that he no longer stood between him and Yumi.

***