73: Don Enrico 3

In Adarna Society, there were four kinds of Doctors na siyang pinakamahalaga sa lahat.

First, the founder himself which was Doctor Erasmus. He oversaw the whole organization and made all those essential decisions for the embetterment of their members and disciples. Aside from that, he also worked as the Dean of Medicine Department in Colegio de L Ciudad.

Second, there was the Church Doctor. At the moment, the position was held by Doctor Benedicto Lopez. He was responsible for the well being of those in church.

Third, the Military Doctor which had long been taken by Doctor Erika Dela Cruz. Matapos na matanggap si Amelia noon bilang Medical Student, there were also some other ladies na naging kagaya niya. Erika was one of them. Amelia and her became friends. But after na makick out si Amelia sa Adarna Society, siya namang pasok niya sa Military at taon na ulit bago muli silang nagkita.

Lastly, the State Doctor. Originally, the position was about to be given by Amelia. She was the most outstanding doctor out there. But after she was framed by the Santiagos and removed from the register of Adarna Society, the position had been vacant for a while. Supposedly, it was to go with her lab partner, Doctor Martin Portabello. But he refused it. So for a while, no one was given the position.

It didn't mean though na walang may gusto sa position na iyon. Several eyes were focused on the title but in the end, it was given to Don Luis Santiago. Obviously, his father got some serious connections kaya naman kahit hindi siya deserving, walang nagawa maging si Doctor Erasmus when it was given to him.

Some years later matapos na maging State Doctor si Don Luis, Don Enrico happened to get visited by Doctor Benedicto.

At that time, the don still had not yet decided whether to fight his brothers for the Governor General's position or not.

But that visit changed his mind.

You'd think as Church Doctor, Doctor Benedicto had been influenced by the enlightened people he was overseeing inside the church. But the man was actually very ambitious.

And he was able to convince Don Enrico to aim for the country leadership. Given that the don would make him his National Advisor when the time comes, then the doctor swore his allegiance and help to the don.

Noon ding mga panahon na iyon nalaman ni Don Enrico ang tungkol sa sikreto ng Killer Pill. That if the pill would be properly developed, it could change into Puppet Pill instead.

As someone who just decided to fight with his brothers for that highest position, it was understandable for this Puppet Pill to appeal to him.

Don Enrico had actually thought quickly right away that if he had those pills he would use them to those criminals in jails all over the city. Since they were already lost causes, he would rather have them used as his Puppet Army.

He had no bad intentions with those pills somehow. But still he had the intention to use them for his personal gains.

He became the secret backer and funder of the Santiagos dahil na rin nasa kanila ang pinakakumpletong prescription ng Killer Pill.

Though they had no idea about na siya pala ang backer nila. It was only Doctor Benedicto whom they always met regarding the pills.

When Don Enrico, together with his pregnant wife, stayed in L City, his main purpose actually was those Puppet Pills. He heard that Don Luis had somehow made an almost perfect set of them.

Those puppets were used by Don Lucio then to attack Yumi that one night.

Again, he hid behind Doctor Benedicto to see the effect of those Puppet Pills. So he didn't know that they used it against Yumi.

Anyway, they discovered about the flaw of the pills. Naturally, they had to be developed more and so he increased his funding for it.

Around this time though, Don Enrico found out about Yumi's skills. He was always someone who valued talents and skilled people. So he did his best to recruit Yumi in his alliance.

And when she got conflict with the Santiagos, he had somehow troubled by the fact na nirequest sa kanya ng dalaga noon ang buhay ng mga Santiagos.

In the end, by the suggestion of Doctor Benedicto, he settled the matter giving the rest of them to Yumi while kidnapping Don Luis instead.

Anyway, siya lang naman ang may silbi sa kanila. And unlike Yumi who was very valuable to the don, the rest of the Santiagos meant nothing to him.

Doctor Benedicto took over the hiding of Don Luis then because they knew Yumi was sending her people to find him. They had to resort in killing those people para lamang mapatigil ang dalaga sa pagpapadala ng mga tao niya laban sa kanila.

Fortunately, Yumi was someone who cherished the lives of her subordinates. She stopped sending people at once and they managed to bring Don Luis in Capital and hid him well.

When Don Luis and his whole family came back in the Capital, the building of secret bases happened too. Originally, they built them to train people in creating the Puppet Pill.

But years later, Don Enrico managed to get an idea from Sancho about machines. It took them some time to create a blueprint for that idea and another year to start building them.

But even after they managed building them, it wasn't enough yet. They still couldn't perfect the machine and so Don Luis had Sancho overseen the building of them and kept on developing them.

The pills, however, were almost perfect now. The flaw wasn't that bad anymore. The puppets could already last for a while now. It was just a matter of time before they perfected it.

It was because of this kaya naisipan ng don na bisitahin ang isa sa mga secret bases niya lately. He wanted to pressure his men to build the perfect machine too upang maumpisahan din agad nila ang mass production ng Puppet Pill.

But this attack on his secret bases really hurt his plans this time. It costed him not just money and resources but also years of hardwork.

This was why he was very angry and suspicious of the people around him at the moment.

He needed to find out who dared to do this to his secret bases. And when he did, he wouod surely punish them hard.

***