5: Half a Year Later 5

(A/N: Please do not proceed if you haven't read BOOK 1 yet.)

The next day...

"Ah, Yumi... You finally come back." Don Enrico said. He even gave her a hug.

Same goes with Doña Silvanna. And of course, Sedric was also there.

Yumi wanted to roll her eyes as this family of three welcomed her like this.

But then again, she still had to remain corteous around them. Although they favored her, they were still in different level than her.

"Come inside, Yumi. We have lots to talk about."

***

Indeed, the don and her talked about a lot of things.

From her condition to the current politics within L City... The don talked about them and made her known his future intention.

The Council Leader position was a very favorable one after all. Securing that to one of his allies would surely benefit him a lot.

Anyway, he told her his prospects of whom should be sitting there soon. Yumi just listened to him. Bukod sa hindi niya pa gaanong kilala ang mga taong sinabi niya except sa isa sa mga ito, she also didn't care that much about the politics itself.

She hated it from her past life. Naturally, she still hated it until now.

"Anyway, napag-isipan mo na naman siguro ang tungkol sa inyo ni Mateo, di ba?" Don Enrico asked.

Yumi didn't respond right away.

The don waited for her. But it was Doña Silvanna who could no longer take it.

"What's wrong with Mateo? He is actually a good lad, Yumi. Besides, I always thought the two of you to have such chemistry."

Yumi's lips twitched.

Chemistry?

Yeah, right. Sa sobrang chemistry nila, she ended bombing his Hidden Barracks.

But she couldn't really say that to them.

Anyway, since nakisali na din si Doña Silvanna, she decided to tell her answer to them.

"I have decide about that, indeed."

"And?" Doña Silvanna asked.

"I will marry him then but not soon as what Don Enrico has said before."

"Oh my! This is definitely made me happy, Yumi." The doña said and she even kissed her cheeks.

Napahinga na lang ng malalim si Yumi.

"You're engagement has to be announced soon though. At least within your families." Don Enrico said thoughtfully. "Don't worry. Since you are a lady, I will let Mateo handle this matter."

Yumi just nodded.

Well, it was just marriage alliance after all.

Kung siya lang ay hindi siya mag-aasawa sa buhay na ito. But since several people seemed to be eyeing her love life, then she would rather marry for convenience.

She hated Mateo, yes. But she couldn't deny that he really had an influential status kumpara sa ibang mga kabinataang kakilala niya.

If she would marry in this lifetime, she would either go for someone ordinary or someone who was at the top.

Mateo, naturally, was under the second category.

Besides, as what she had said earlier, she hated Mateo.