84: New Life, New War 2

"Slow, easy breaths, Yumi. Slow and easy..." Doña Teresa guided Yumi who was sitting upright on a single chair near the bed now.

She was on active labor at the moment. Her contractions occured every 3-4 minutes and lasted for about a minute. To make her feel a little bit better, Doña Teresa even started giving her massage.

It helped but still, Yumi could no longer talk to anyone as she was already absorbed with her contractions.

Meanwhile, Amelia pulled Mateo to the side.

"What happened to her, Mateo?"

"What's wrong, Mama Amelia?"

"Her labor... There is something wrong about it."

"Tell me."

"I believe she immediately went into active labor. She has no chance to have an early one which supposed to prepare her for what is coming."

Mateo was silent for a moment. Afterwards, he called Rui to join them.

After Rui was told of Amelia's concern, he couldn't help telling them his suspicion.

"I suspect, she was given something back in the don's mansion that's why this happens to her." He said seriously. "I am not sure yet about this. But I have taken a sample of the tea she has drunk there and given it to Kami to investigate. He should be having the result soon."

"I do not want to add fire to the fuel but you see, I only encounter this kind of case when one has taken a labor-inducing drug." Amelia said.

"Is it going to be harmful for her?" Mateo couldn't help feeling infuriated at the same time tensed because of this situation.

He didn't want to leave Yumi because in the first place despite him living in this era for too long now, his views about pregnancy was very modern. Since he married and impregnated her, he should be there all the way with her.

However, if he wasn't there at all, he would come to those people's lives. How dare them harm his little wife?

Just they wait. Once this was over, he would definitely make them pay.

"Fortunately, kabuwanan na talaga ni Yumi so if she really has given that drugs, it is not going to harm her at all nor her baby. It will just rush her labor just like what is already happening now. And of course, without the early stage to prepare her, you can only just imagine her pain right now."

"Mama Amelia, please do everything to help her."

"Don't worry. I have already asked Malia to get medicine in Medical Hall. Naturally, I am going to help my daughter out of this predicament."

"Thank you po."

After that ay bumalik na si Mateo sa tabi ni Yumi. He replaced his mother in massaging her.

As for Rui...

"Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help."

"Sure. Please standby because I might really need your help later, Rui."

The lad nodded and he already went outside the room and sat there to wait.

***

On the other side of the city...

"Time for your medicine, Papa." Helena came as usual with the medicine of the Governor General.

She had taken this job para na rin masigurado na mapapalapit siya sa in-laws niya.

It was actually effective dahil puro magagandang salita lang ang nasasabi ng kanyang mother-in-law sa kanya. She was even scolding Lavina and Isabella to be like her. So much for the annoyance of the two.