27: Lovely Night

The rule was simple. First person to conceed or get out from the stage would be the defeated one.

It was Yumi who made her first attack, of course.

She didn't hold back at all.

Right away, she used her number one martial art, Krav Maga.

It required a close combat therefore she attacked him with her full strength and speed.

Mateo didn't have time to jump away from her attacks.

At once both of them engaged in a combat.

This greatly stunned and clearly opened the eyes of the S ranks around them.

This explosive strength of their boss...

No wonder Vice Leader Rui had to conceed to her back then.

A great feeling of respect for Yumi covered these members.

Meanwhile, an undescribable feeling sprung inside Mateo's chest as his hands and body continued to fight with Yumi, at the same time, his eyes focused on that grin on her face.

Since she got angry to him back then because of Don Enrico, she never smiled at him again nor looked at him with pleasing expression. She was always glaring or scowling at him. Sometimes, there were even cold stares from her.

He could tell that it really pissed her off. But he couldn't take anymore what he had done then.

He was just glad that Don Enrico made her agree to a marriage alliance.

This gave him a chance to insist his presence around her.

At first, she was totally rejecting him to be there. But as he persevered para mapalapit ng husto sa dalaga upang masanay ito, he could tell that the lady eventually become tolerant with him these past few years.

However, she never smiled back at him yet.

Not until tonight...

This grin of hers while both of them did this combat pleased Mateo so much.

It was the same one back in their past life.

Yumi had a lot of faces back then.

But when they were fighting, she always had this same mesmerizing grin on her face which obviously an indication of how much she loved their exchange of martial arts expertise.

This same mesmerizing grin had became his indicative that he was facing the same lady back then, no matter what faces she was wearing.

That moment, Yumi threw a punch towards him.

Instead na ilagan ng binata iyon, he prepared to meet it and before it landed on his face, he caught her hand and pulled her towards him.

She ended up being wrapped in his arms them.

"That expression of yours right now... I like it so much." He whispered to her ears.

Yumi rolled her eyes and then used her elbow to hit the side of his body.

The hit didn't land on Mateo completely but it forced him to let go of her and quickly dodged it.

Napailing na lang siya.

Seemed like this little wife of his was really thirsty to fight, eh?

But if it would make her smile like this a lot, then he was willing to oblige her.

***

The duel of Mateo and Yumi took a while but no one dared to go for a rest. They were excited to see this kind of combat and also curious who would be the winner between the two.