76: Forgotten Skills

The next days, Yumi had taken care of Sedric just like what Doña Silvanna had wanted habang nagpapagaling pa ito sa
Medical Hall.

It was a fortunate thing that the hit on her head wasn't that severe at all and didn't cause any brain injury too. She was just focusing now in recuperating with Amelia.

Yumi knew her mother was also trying to help the doña in terms of her mental health too. Lalo pa nga at hindi biro ang maging battered wife.

Meanwhile, she was trying to make Sedric's mind divert upang hindi na tuluyang maisip ng bata ang nangyari sa kaniyang mga magulang.

She seemed to be getting successful in doing so. That even when Don Enrico had visited him once, he didn't spite his father although he didn't also get close to him at all.

"I am sorry to bother you, Yumi." Don Enrico said.

"No problem. This is why I am his godmother, right?"

"Un... We, indeed, pick a great godparents for him. I am at ease with you taking care of him." Then the Don stopped.

Yumi did too and she looked at the don's face.

It changed into several expressions. From shame to guilt to resignation.

"I... really..."

"I am not going to judge you but I am not also going to reason for what you did. I know you for years now, Don Enrico. I know you are a good person. But whatever you have to say, I believe it should not be directed to me. I am just a mere ally of yours. However, your wife and son are different."

"I just can't stop my anger everytime I see her. I feel betrayed by her and that is eating me completely whenever she is around."

"Then maybe, time apart is really what you both need. But while you are not seeing each other, you have to make sure to work on your bad feelings towards each other. Isn't that what marriage?" Then Yumi sighed. "I hope you two can fix this, Don Enrico. You know it is only your marriage that I admire the most. If you end up at the bad side of marriage, I don't know if Mateo and I can make it too."

"Your relationship is different than ours."

"Yes. But you both pushed us together then to get married. You even threatened me just to get engaged with him."

This time, ang don naman ang napahinga ng malalim.

"Yumi..."

"Just work on your bad feelings, okay?"

"Fine. And thank you again."

"You really should, Don Enrico. You know I am bad with kids."

Napangiti ang don after seeing the expression of Yumi.

"Actually, you are doing great."

Yumi just rolled her eyes which caused the don chuckled.

***

Time passed quickly at ilang buwan na naman muli ang lumipas sa kanila.

They were not idle though.

All of them with their different purposes worked hard these past few months.

Doña Silvanna and Sedric had gone back to their mansion. As for Don Enrico, he was seldom home. Gaya ng payo ni Yumi sa kanya, he spent time apart with his family trying to sort out his feelings.

Meanwhile, Sancho and the other alliance members worked on plotting against Nero these past few months.

But truly, Nero was also a formidable enemy. His works as Regent were impeccable. Halos walang makitang butas sa mga iyon sila Sancho.