40: Challenge 7

Amara had suggested 100 meters because no matter how much skilled Yumi might be with guns, hitting that mark using a rifle was already impossible.

Since it was impossible, then if she missed hitting it, it wouldn't be costing her reputation at all. Also, Yumi would definitely not be able to hit it too because, you know, it was just impossible.

That meant there wouldn't be a winner between them and a tie would be justified then.

Amara might not accept Helena's way of handling things but of course, she would still need to be smart. She might get stubborn at times but she would do things in her own way and with finesse.

Anyway, she looked at Yumi who quickly answered at once.

"As I said before, I will follow whatever your decision since this is your challenge." The lady said with a smile on her face.

Amara was relieved about her easy agreement but at the same time, she couldn't help frowning.

With this lady's "going to the flow" attitude like this, dapat ba siyang kabahan?

She never met anyone who was so agreeable as her.

Could she still have a trick under her sleeves?

But then again, what else trick she could be hiding?

This was already the last set with 100 meters distance. This was an impossible feat even for men.

Was she just always like this?

Amara sighed and then nodded.

Well, whatever...

There was not really a need to worry too much. She looked hopingly at Doña Labella then.

"Oh fine. Since you two have already decided to still continue for this last round, then let it be."

"Thank you, Doña Labella." Both Amara and Yumi said.

Then at once the guards made their preparation again.

100 meters were no joke at all. That's 131 steps from where Yumi and Amara were standing.

Soon, Amara was ready. Her gun was aimed. The signal was flared. And the blue bottle was released.

Then a gunshot was loudly heard.

Everyone held their breath waiting for the news from the other end.

They also had a signal flare there. Again, it was red and blue. They used blue if they were successful in shooting the bottles. And if not, they were supposed to signal red.

This time, the flare sent was red.

People began to murmur.

"She failed!"

"Well, I will be more shocked if she does it. I can't even do it, you know."

"If she really does it, that will emasculate us."

Amara just silently listened to them. She didn't need to react to their words at all. Anyway, she had expected that lost.

Now, it was Yumi's turn.

She gave way for the lady who quickly stood in the middle to aim her gun.

Amara admitted. Yumi's stance was very good. Her arms, body and legs strength seemed to be well-honed too despite her small stature.

That meant her overall balance was really that good.

No matter though, she was still confident that Yumi wouldn't be able to shoot this. If she couldn't, then how else a mere lady like the latter could?