102: Cutthroat

Days later, Sancho left Novano Town and when he reached the main city of M Capital, he did everything to get back on Don Enrico's good side.

After a week, he sent a missive to Yumi.

"Great! You told him to tell Don Enrico about our stay in this town and he really used it right away." Kami sarcastically told Yumi.

"It's fine. It is all part of the plan."

Kami almost felt frustrated at with how easygoing Yumi was acting about this while he did all the worrying.

When they talked about Sancho's spying for them, Yumi told the latter that in order for him to get in Don Enrico's side right away, he should be offering the don a useful information.

She told him if he couldn't think of anything, he could use the fact that they were actually hiding there in Novano Town.

Now, in his missive, Sancho mentioned that Don Enrico would be sending men to confirm that information.

This, of course, alerted Kami. It took them great deal to build themselves in this small town. If Don Enrico launched an all-out attack on them, he doubted if they could protect everyone in here. Mabuti sana kung sila sila lang ang naririto. But they were innocent citizens here too.

"Of course, I calculated that Don Enrico would be sending men here right away. Don't worry. The first time will be fully for scouting. It doesn't mean though that we will be relaxed.

"Our action will be dependent on the people he will send here. If it is just normal men, then we will let them go. But if they will come with puppets..."

Yumi didn't have to continue. The men around her finally realized what she was planning.

Mateo quickly took over the conversation and they planned what they would do when Don Enrico sent puppets to them.

Meanwhile, Yumi breathed a sigh as she was excluded in the planning by these men. She wanted to get angry because it was her idea and yet, here they were taking over for her.

But she still tried to be reasonable as she knew the reason why they were taking the burden this time, most especially Mateo, was because she was pregnant.

She could only sulk there silently as they easily finished the plan. Soon, they began to bid her farewell to begin their parts of the plan.

"Don't sulk. You are still the biggest brain in this mission." Mateo said as he sat beside her.

She just rolled her eyes at him.

"I don't need you to be condescending towards me now."

Mateo grinned, took her hand and kissed it.

"Don't you have work to do?"

"Your brothers are relieving me some of my works so I don't really have to rush those left on my plate. Let me stay with you this time."

***

Weeks later, Don Enrico's men had arrived.

Gaya ng sabi ni Yumi, those who came were only intending to scout them.

These men were a combination of normal men and puppets. Seemed like Don Enrico was pretty confident in using them like disposable things.

Oh well, Yumi was not complaining with this attitude of his. So long as he was confident, it would be a favor on them then.

As per the plan, Mateo had the gate opened for these men.

They had no idea though that they stepped right directly in a trap.