44: Ideas 4

Kami was surprised when he saw Mateo outside Yumi's bedroom that night.

He heard about what had happened in Governor General's mansion and wanted to ask Yumi about it. So he came here ngunit hindi niya inaasahang makikita ang binata doon.

The lad was sitting at balcony floor outside Yumi's room which kind of pitiful to see.

"Mateo, what are you doing here?" Kami asked.

"Naturally, I am here for my little wife. What about you?"

He blinked. "Well... I am here for my best friend, I guess."

Mateo squinted towards him. "I'd say, isn't it about time for you to hold back going in her room on your whim? She is mine now."

Kami crossed his arms on his chest. "Not yet. Technically. Hindi pa kayo kasal. And even if she is already married with you, the only one who can tell me to back off is her alone."

The latter looked at him coldly which just made him chuckled. He moved towards the lad and sat beside him.

"Yumi and I, we are inseparable, Mateo. We are a set. You take her then you are taking me as well too. You have no choice. The affinity between us isn't something your marriage can stop. Not unless she says so which is very unlikely."

The lad's lips twitched then with a glare, he asked Kami, "You are very confident, huh?"

"Life and death and life again... That's what my bond with her, Mateo. Naturally, I am confident that you can never surpass that even if she really falls for you in the future."

Mateo was about to open his mouth to tell him that he also had that same "life and death and life again" affinity with Yumi but the lad spoke first.

"Mateo, don't play dumb. You know what I mean. You and her were rivals in the pastlife. Although you made her work fun in some ways, that would never beat the fact that I am her dearest friend then and now.

"Besides, kung yun lang ang pagbabasehan, even that Sancho outranks you."

When Kami said this, Mateo quickly frowned.

He meant to ask Yumi for a long time now kung sino ba ang Sancho na iyon sa dating buhay niya.

She only told him na kagaya din nila ang binata na nagtransmigrate mula sa modern era. But she didn't exactly explain to him kung anong relasyon niya sa binata.

Then that thing happened in Don Enrico's residence.

Sa totoo lang, he was also very surprised at that day. He could tell even from a far that thick killing intent of Yumi while she was facing Sancho at that time.

He even had an inkling back then that she was really about to pull out her hidden blade and kill Sancho right that very moment. Fortunately, he rushed towards them and stopped her at once.

"Don't worry though. Our relationship will never cross that romantic side. I happen to like your sister, you know." Kami suddenly admitted which made Mateo stop thinking about Yumi and Sancho.

He looked at Kami with a scrutinizing look.

"My sister is not someone you can like. Besides, Yumi will never accept that."

"I can handle Yumi. It is true that she is possessive but that is only because she is the type of person who seldom cares to other people. But when she does, she wants to protect them and takes care of them the best she can. I just need to prove to her that Malia and I are meant to be. It will take a while but she will learn to accept it eventually.