35: Challenged 2

The youths began to challenge each other one by one with different expertise.

It was kind of fun to watch. Lalo pa nga at halos magkakaibigan at magkakakilala ang naghahamunan. After all, these youths all came from capital. Most of them grew up together. So there was really no reason for them to be calcutive towards each other.

It was really friendly competitions... at first.

However, when Agatha suddenly stood up things began to shift already.

"Agatha, do you want to challenge anyone?"

"I do, Doña Labella. But just to add fun to the challenge, I'd like to pair up with Helena and whoever we will challenge can partner up with someone too. Will you allow this proposition, Doña Labella?"

"Of course. It is not that bad of a suggestion at all. Helena, join Agatha here please. Then tell me who have you chosen to compete with."

When Helena stood beside Agatha, the two of them immediately caught the eyes of everybody. Both of them were pleasing to look at.

They talked for a moment, whispering with each other and then finally looked at Doña Labella again.

"Doña Labella, I am not sure if you are aware but Great General's family has already moved here in the capital some time ago. They are still unknown to all of us since they are new in our city. I think this is a great opportunity for us to get introduced to General Vicente's daughter.

"Also, I heard this daughter is very famous in L City. She is quite an extraordinary lady. Today, Helena and I like to challenge Great General's daughter as to welcome her to our city. I believe her name is Binibining Mayumi Sybill."

Everyone began to murmur and threw looks sa direksyon nila Yumi. Obviously, one of them was the one mentioned by Agatha and Helena.

Meanwhile, Malia awkwardly looked at Yumi and Victoria, and those two ladies at the front.

She didn't know what they were playing at.

They were introduced to each other a while ago before they all came here.

But they only mentioned Yumi as the Great General's daughter and not Victoria.

Though the latter just had a poker face and continued drinking the refreshment served to her, Malia couldn't help feeling bad for her.

Yumi, on the other hand, snorted. There was something chilly going on with her eyes.

She threw a look towards Victoria before standing up.

Every eyes in the room followed her.

When Doña Labella saw her, she couldn't help raising an eyebrow at her.

"Greetings to Doña Labella. Greetings to everyone." Yumi said gently.

"Come forward, dear. I cannot see you properly with you being there at the back."

Yumi did what she was told.

She ended up standing next to Agatha, who was considered the greatest beauty in the capital but quickly paled in comparison when beside Yumi.

Anyway, Doña Labella was stunned upon seeing Yumi upclose.

Why, this young lady was so gorgeous.

She unconsciously looked at her left side kung saan nakaupo si Nero. Instead, she was met by the fact that both of her sons present there were both looking intently at this young lady.

Doña Labella was pleased.

Sancho could wait and liked another lady since he was still young but if Nero spoke his desire to marry this lady, she would quickly send someone to Great General's mansion right away.

With this in mind, her stance towards Yumi had became gentle and welcoming.

"My goodness, you are such a sight. What is your name again?"

"To answer Doña Labella, please comfortably call me as Yumi."

"Welcome to M Capital, Yumi. I can clearly see why you are famous in L City."

"Actually, Doña Labella, I'd like to correct most of the things Binibining Agatha has reported to you just now. I am afraid they are mostly wrong."

Agatha was stunned when she heard this. She frowned towards Yumi who faced her without hesitation.

"To say that I am famous in L City is an exaggeration. Also, whoever your source is, seems to want you to get into awkward situation and sprout fake news.

"I am not the only daughter of the Great General. How can your source forget to report to you about my Ate?

"Doña Labella, let me introduced you to my elder sister. She is the one sitting at the back and is called as Binibining Victoria Sybill. Oh, I want to also take this opportunity to include Deputy General Mateo's sister, Binibining Malia Portabello."

This made Agatha and Helena speechless. They felt getting called out like this made them lost their faces.

They intended to make Yumi appeared so magnificent with their stories that they intentionally ignored the fact that Victoira was there. They wanted her to sound so great so when they defeated her to the challenge, she would left with no face at and be looked down by everyone present today.

They didn't expect though that Yumi would frankly point this out to their faces right in front of the doña and everybody else.

Doña Labella cleared her throat to ease the atmosphere a bit.

"Well, ladies, why won't you come forward too? Since Yumi wants to introduce the two of you, let me get to know you properly then."

Meanwhile, Victoria, who was surprised by Yumi's stunt, couldn't help a small smile to appear on her lips. Really this young lady. Wala ba talaga siyang kinatatakutan?

These ladies were obviously finding trouble with her. But instead of focusing in herself, she even decided to call them out just like that. Tch, really...

Malia had the same thought too. But Yumi was Yumi after all. She even jumped in front of a running carriage for her. She might be crazy and a big bully most of the times, but she was valiant if she needed to be.

Anyway, the two of them stood up and went to where Yumi was.

The three of them standing together was more than a sight kumpara kanila Agatha at Helena. They really stood out a lot.

Doña Labella, upon knowing these three new ladies of their capital, felt very pleased. The more gorgeous ladies there were, the more options for her sons.

Besides the background of these three were quite powerful too.

Two of them were daughters of Great General. They were very much better kung ikukumpara kanila Agatha, Helena at Amara.

Of course, she also couldn't ignore Deputy General Mateo's sister. With the bright future of him, whoever married his sister would definitely gain a lot.

Maybe she could matchmake her to Sancho then.

Kulang na lang ay kuminang ng husto ang mga mata ni Doña Labella while looking at these ladies. She was obviousoy getting ahead of herself now.

***