104: Opening up 1

Mateo really did go to main city.

One dawn, he just suddenly came to her and told her that he would be going then.

Since wala din namang magawa si Yumi, she just nodded her head then and asked him to go back quickly.

The next morning, she realized, he didn't even bring Ivan nor Antoine with him.

She suddenly felt having a headache matapos siyang sermonan nila Kami, Rui at ng mga kuya niya.

"I didn't reject the mission without any reason at all." Kami said.

"I know. But he insisted."

"Then you should have tried harder to convince him otherwise." Kunot noo namang sabi sa kanya ni Rui.

"That lad is stubborn. What do you think I can do against his will?"

"Maybe a little show of feelings towards him. He is your husband. I saw him put great efforts just so you could be comfortable. Can't you give him a little bit more?" Daichi scolded her.

Yumi pursed her lips.

She couldn't do this anymore! All of them are scolding them because of Mateo. Even her brothers.

Tch! That man! How dare he put her in this situation?

"Yumi, are you not worried about Mateo? He should be home the other night. But see now, it has already been two days but he is still not back. Normal wives are going to be worried death by now." Mahinahong tanong naman sa kanya ng Kuya Asahi niya.

She looked away when he tried to look directly in her eyes. Then began scratching her nose.

Well... As he said, normal wives...

Was she a normal one?

Plus, why would she really worry about that lad? It wasn't like he was a weak person. Maybe he just encountered something along the way, that's why he got delayed.

"Mateo's a man. In the first place, we are already aware that the main city is very dangerous. But he still goes there on his own. If he cannot do the mission, then he should have not insisted to go there at all. Don't bully Yumi. She's pregnant. Have you forgotten?" Koshi finally stepped between them, even glaring at their lots who were scolding her.

Yumi almost cried.

Finally! Someone had taken her side!

And as usual, it was her Kuya Koshi. She was glad! That despite him being under Mateo's tutelage for years, at this point of time, he would still take her side, no matter what.

Unfortunately, that also started the word war between Koshi and Daichi. One was saying that they were spoiling her too much and the other was pointing out that Mateo should have not done it only to worry people.

Naturally, it gave Yumi's more headache.

"Enough!" She finally got between them. "Ai-ya... You are giving me headaches! You don't have to argue about this thing really. Just trust Mateo. He isn't some weakling. He will go home eventually."

After that, she stood up and walked out the office. Sakto namang pagbukas niya ng pinto ay naroroon si Amelia.

"Mama..." Yumi was pouting as she hooked her arms to her.

"What? Pinagalitan ka na naman ba nila?" Then she gave a look to the lads within the room, who were suddenly too busy to look back at her.

Yumi nodded.

Amelia smiled and tapped her head.

"Stop scolding a pregnant woman, you dolts." She gently told the lads.