66: Honeymoon 1

Yumi's face kept on twitching during the remaining time of the party. Kulang na lang ay magkastroke ang mukha niya.

Ikaw ba naman ang paulanan ng matatanda ng, "Bilisan niyong mabigyan kami ng apo ha."

At ang ama at lola pa talaga niya ang pasimuno sa mga iyon.

Considering how they didn't really want her to marry yet at silang dalawa talaga yung parang napilitan pa sa kasalang ito, she really didn't expect na mabilis pang magbabago ang isipan nila ngayong nakasal na silang dalawa ni Mateo at hihingian nila agad siya ng apo.

At dahil inumpisahan nila, the other elders also said the same thing.

Maging sila Doña Cecilia ay hindi siya pinatawad.

In the end, Yumi decided to hide mula sa mga matatandang ito.

After a while naman, dumating na rin ang pagtatapos ng reception party.

They all sent Yumi and Mateo to their carriage na siyang magdadala sa dalawa sa mansion nila.

It was, of course, the Deputy General's mansion.

They cheered for the two as they rode the carriage at nang umalis na ito.

Napahinga naman ng malalim si Yumi when they could no longer see those people.

"Ah, finally. This is more tiring than fighting." She said as she began to remove her veil and those accessories on her hair, ears, neck and hands.

Mateo helped her to do so. He even offered her a hair tie na inabot sa kanya kanina ni Kami during the party.

Natigilan sandali si Yumi but she reached for the tie on his hand at saka tinali na ang buhok niya.

"Thanks."

"Anything for you, Little wife."

Yumi rolled her eyes.

Damn this lad. Feel na feel ang kasalang ito.

She was itching to remind him about their real score. That this wasn't a real marriage but rather just a co-living deal between them.

However, she didn't burst his bubble at sinarili na lamang ang mga iyon.

She just comfortably sat inside the carriage and closed her eyes to rest. She was really exhausted.

Hindi niya namalayan that she had already fallen asleep like that.

Nagising na lamang siya when the carriage halted completely at nakasandal na siya kay Mateo.

"I told you. I am better than bed."

The lad said with a teasing smile on his face.

Yumi just sat properly and stretched and prepared to go down the carriage. Pero inunahan siya ni Mateo at inalalayan siya nito pababa.

She grimaced at him.

"Cut it off. You are making me cringe."

Mateo just chuckled.

And then they entered the gate of the mansion.

Nagulat pa si Yumi nang biglang lumabas sa pinto ng bahay si Doña Teresa.

"Ah, you have arrived. May chineck lang akong ilang bagay sa loob pero paalis na rin ako."

"Mama Teresa, you really don't have to tire yourself too much. This day alone is already taxing most especially for all of you."

Doña Teresa waved her hand.

"It's okay, Yumi. You are officially my daughter now. This is the least I can do to make sure you are welcomed.