14: Great General's Birthday 1

General Vicente's birthday finally came.

Once again, the Mansion of Sybill had tranformed to accommodate this party and the guests.

This time, since some their visitors were big shots from other provinces and the capital who only came here especially for the Great General's birthday, Doña Margarita particularly prepared for this party as meticulously as she should.

Everyone were dressed up as extravagant as possible.

Doña Margarita had chosen Asahi this time to work on their dresses and clothes.

Turned out, she had already informed him noon pa mang nasa Q Province pa lamang sila so he was able to work on this for a while already.

When their dresses finally came, Doña Margarita was very pleased. Even the Great General's tuxedo was obviously carefully crafted.

Asahi didn't fail her.

Yumi was pleased with this the most. Her brothers deserved recognitions. And these past months, Asahi was doing very well with his boutique.

As for Daichi, he had also begun working under Don Simon in Law Enforcement office as a Guardia Civil. He seemed to doing well there too. His dedication was being recognized by the people he was working with.

Yumi was only now worried about Koshi.

This brother of hers might have been too smart for his own sake that he couldn't find his real passion yet. Although he was seriously studying about Medicine, Yumi thought unlike her other two brothers, Koshi was lacking the enthusiasm he was supposed to have.

Also, he was lately thinking a lot on his own. He was pensieve everytime Yumi saw him these past few days.

Anyway, she just gave him space for the meantime.

Besides, hindi naman urgent na kausapin niya ng masinsinan ang Kuya niya.

She decided to do that instead after this party.

Speaking of, the Sybill Mansion was quickly filled with the visitors that day.

They were ushered to their respective seats. And when the Great General came out, he went table to table to greet them and also to introduced Yumi and Victoria to them.

The three of then started from the back to the front.

The moment they reached the front tables, natigilan si General Vicente when he saw that the next table they were about to greet were occupied by Yumi's brothers and, of course, Amelia.

Yumi had her shippish smile as she looked at her father.

She didn't say anything at all but the general cleared his throat and they began to walk towards Amelia.

"You've made it." General Vicente said to Amelia.

"I know."

The two looked shyas they stood in front of each other which made Yumi and her brothers had their teasing expressions. Victoria pretended she didn't see anything at all.

"Anyway, happy birthday."

"Thank you... for coming today. You've completed this day for me."

Yumi almost chuckled by how cringy the interaction between the two and was about to open her mouth to speak. But she was stopped by Victoria.

Of course the latter just didn't want their father to be ashamed because of Yumi's incessant teasing.

But actually she was also surprised by their father's words.

What? Did he think they were still teenagers? Ugh...

Besides, it wasn't long yet when her mother died. Were they planning to get back together now?

Victoria, naturally, just thought of these things in her head and didn't voice them at all.

"Well, Papa... Come on, now. There are still more people to be greeted." She just said at saka naman natauhan ang heneral.

"Oh right... The greetings." Then he looked at Amelia and her sons. "We will be going first then."

"We won't be holding you here then, General Vicente." Amelia simply said.

"See you later, Mama." Yumi said with her teasing smile.

Amelia just shook her head and then sat down already. Ganun din naman ang ginawa ng tatlong binata.

As for the three of them, they already continued walking to the next table.

***

That wasn't end of the interaction between Amelia and General Vicente though.

Yumi was adamant to play cupid to her parents so she definitely had some tricks under her sleeves for the two.

Gaya na lang when the dance floor had been opened. Her father danced with her lola first. And then Victoria.

When it was her turn, she cut it in half at saktong tumigil sa harap ng mesa nila Amelia.

"Mama, why don't you dance with Papa?"

Amelia and General were surprised because of Yumi's sudden request.

And since they felt everyone's gaze on them, Amelia had no choice but to exchange with Yumi and danced with General Vicente.

***

Victoria witnessed when the two started dancing. People also seemed to be very accepting of them dancing together.

No one even bothered to criticize them for doing this despite the fact na wala pang isang taon na nawala ang mama niya.

But then again, she knew also that these two were the original lovers and not her Mama.

She sighed to herself because of her internal dilemma.

She wanted to hate Amelia but considering her interaction with the woman the last few months, she was just having a hard time doing so.

Anyway, she just walked towards the balcony and looked outside. She just couldn't look at the two dancing because it was hurting her on behalf of her mother so much.

Yun naman ang nakita ni Yumi when her eyes landed on the balcony.

Her smiling face slowly disappeared.

Then she decided to approach Victoria.

Nagulat pa nga niya ang dalaga when she suddenly hooked her arms on her.

"Tch..." Victoria just pursed her lips at Yumi but didn't remove her hand at all.

If it was before, she would have pushed away Yumi. She feared the little devil after all.

But if she wasn't hating Amelia now, she definitely couldn't feel the same way again towards Yumi.

She was still a little devil in her heart and mind, yes.

But she realized that it was a different experience when she was not on the receiving end of her wickedness at all.

"Ate, do you want to work in Red Cosmetics? Malia and Gwen will be training under Narcy the next day. They want to beauty consultants when the shop has already launched."

"Beauty consultants? With their faces?"

Yumi rolled her eyes.

"Do you want or not?"

"You better pay me more that you give them."

Yumi's face twitched.

"The shop isn't launching yet. Balak mo ba akong mabankrupt agad?"

"Maybe..." Victoria said sneeringly at her.

They continued to banter and that made Victoria completely forgot her heartbreak over the Great General's and Amelia's dancing.

***