31: Invited 4

"Do we really have to wait here like this?" Amara asked with a scowl on her face.

The five of them (Helena, Agatha, Lavina, Isabella and herself) had been at the back of the mansion since the guests began to appear.

That was where the youths like them would enter before they could reach the horses na gagamitin nila patungo sa may lighthouse kung saan ang venue ng mga kabataan.

They stood there and started greeting guests kahit di naman nila iyon dapat na gawin.

Amara, as proud as she was, couldn't help complaining for doing this unnecessary things. If they wanted to harm that Mayumi, why didn't they just pay someone to do it? Why did they have to dirty their own hands?

"Amara, you are right, of course. Why don't you go in the venue first then?" Helena told her gently.

Amara just pursed her lips then.

Going there first, eh? Then what? Would they exclude her again in circle for several weeks as punishment? Tch. She didn't deserve that kind of treatment.

Nanahimik na lang siya sa side niya which made Agatha snorted at her. Amara just ignored her.

"It's about time they arrive." Lavina said.

Sakto naman na dumating na ang servant na inutusan nilang maghintay sa may gate para magmanman doon at abisuhan sila kapag dumating na ang mga dalagang anak ni General Vicente.

When the news arrived and confirmed na papunta na sa direksyon nila sila Yumi while being escorted by Deputy General Mateo, they couldn't help throwing a look towards Helena.

The latter, on the other hand, straightened her body and trained her eyes towards the door.

Hindi naman sila naghintay ng matagal at dumating na rin ang mga taong hinihintay nila.

They first saw Victoria with Malia walking side by side.

Pagkakita pa lamang nila sa dalawa, they couldn't help frowning lalo na si Agatha.

She came prepared today.

As they were friends with Lavina and Isabella, they were already notified about this big party months ago.

Their riding suits were prepared with great importance just for them to look their best on this day.

They were expecting na ang isa't isa ang magiging kakumpitensya nila sa pagiging pinakamaganda sa araw na ito.

Lalo na si Agatha.

She was the most beautiful amongst them all. So they were already somehow knew that they would lose over her. Tanggap na nila kung ganun ang magiging kalabasan.

But upon seeing these newcomers, they couldn't help getting confused.

On the other hand, Victoria frowned slightly upon seeing these five ladies there, lalo pa nga at naroroon din sila Lavina at Isabella. Seemed like they were waiting for someone that was why they were there.

And somehow, Victoria had an idea about who it was. She remained quiet though and just nodded and slightly bowed at them as greetings.

They did the same towards her though she could feel their eyes scrutinizing her and Malia thoroughly.

Speaking of Malia, she suddenly had a huge smile upon seeing Amara.

"Amara! I do not know you are here at the capital."

Amara was naturally surprised too.

You could say na malayong magkamag-anak ang pamilya nila at mga Portabello. That was also why she was acquainted to Malia for several times. Sometimes, it was her visiting L City and the other times, it was Malia's family going in B City.