Haetae!Korea x Reader (part 1)

Haetae also spelt Xeizhi, Haitai, or Haechi (Korean): a lion like creature with a bell on its neck and scales all over its body. It's said to live on the frontiers of Manchuria. In Korean mythology, it can bring order and law and protect the people from natural disasters.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You're visiting South Korea and have some free time, so you decide to take a nature hike.

Suddenly, you feel the ground shaking violently. The ground starts to split under you and you start running. But you step where a crack in the earth is forming rapidly and you start to fall. You shut your eyes as you fall, but then you realize you're not falling anymore.

You're sitting on something big. Something scaly and it's running somewhere and you hear the sound of a bell jingling. You open your eyes and you're somewhat taken aback by what you see.

You see you're riding what looks like a lion covered in scales with a bell around its neck jingling as it runs.

It skillfully dodges all the cracks forming in the earth and you have to hold onto its neck to keep from falling off. It starts bounding up a mountain and hides in a cave until the earthquake passes.

The creature lays down and you get off it, walk around to be in front of the creature and sit on your heels.

"Thank you," you tell the creature. It nuzzles it's face into your chest, taking in your scent. You start petting its head. It kinda hums at you, which makes you smile. You stay like that for a little bit until the creature stands up and starts to leave.

Before it exits the cave, it looks back and stares into your eyes for a good four seconds, then leaves.