Vogel Gryff!Switzerland x Reader (part 1)

Vogel Gryff: Swiss term for griffin

Griffin: a creature with the body of a lion and the head and wings of an eagle/hawk
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You're in Switzerland, Kleinbasel to be exact, to visit family. You're there at the time of a festival and you're kinda excited about it. You go the the River Rhine the morning of the festival with your relative you're staying with to see what everyone was talking about.

There's a boat going down the river. The boat has two drummers playing a drum roll, two cannoneers repeatedly firing cannons, and a savage man with an uprooted pine tree in his hand, dancing. He's facing Kleinbasel the whole time, showing his back to the city on the other side of the river.

"That's the Wilder Mann," your relative tells you. "He represents one of the guilds that used to exist when Basel and Kleinbasel were merged. There's also going to the Vogel Gryff and the Lion. They also represent guilds."

There were jokers dancing through the streets also. Your relative told you that they collect money for the orphanages. You gave them some money, then turned your attention to the Wilder Mann again.

The Wilder Mann meets a lion, a griffin and the jokers in the city and make their way to the Mittlere Brücke (Old Bridge.) They all start dancing together, still keeping their backs to the older city on the other side of the river.

Lots of other people join in on the dance also. You think it looks fun, so you join in on the dance. During which, you get hit by the tree the Wilder Mann was holding. The force of the tree knocks you on your butt.

"Are you okay?" Asks a man as he approaches you. He's your age with short blonde hair and green eyes. He holds out a hand to help you up.

"Yeah," you answer as you accept his gesture, "thanks."

"I guess this is your lucky day."

"Huh?"

"If you get hit by the tree the Wilder Mann is carrying you get a year of luck."

"Really?"

"Yeah. Uh, my name's Basch."

"I'm (Name)." You smile at him, which causes him to blush. You find this adorable.

He scratches the back of his head nervously. "Would you like to, I dunno, have dinner sometime?"

"Sure," you answer.

He looks surprised by your answer. "Really?"

"Are you trying to talk me out of it?"

"N-No, it's just... No one's ever really..." He trails off.

"Well, you seem nice, Basch." You pull your phone out of pocket. "Here, I'll give you my number."

He takes out his phone also, you two exchanging numbers.

"How does tonight sound?" You ask him.

"Uh, tonight works," he responds.

You smile at him again. "Great, tell me where and when to meet you."

"(Name!)" Your relative shouts.

"Hey, I gotta go. See ya tonight, Basch!"

As you walk in the direction your relative's voice came from, you hear him say "S-See you tonight!"

Looks like my good luck's already working, you think to yourself as you go to your relative, who then takes you back to their house for stuff.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm sorry if I got any of the stuff for the festival wrong.