Thunderbird!America x Reader (part 2)

The man has short blond hair with a cowlick and blue eyes. He's only wearing a pair of animal skin pants and has the blanket of feathers that were his bird feathers in his hands. He's looking at you with confusion and curiosity as he puts the feather blanket around his shoulders like a cape.

"Who are you?" He asks you. "Why are you in my cave?"

You don't say anything, you just stand there, staring at him. You're having a little bit of trouble taking all of this in.

"Hello?" The man takes a step towards you and waves his hand in front of your face.

You shake your head. "Sorry, my brain shut off for a bit there. You were saying?"

"How did you find this cave?"

"I was hiking and it started raining, so I took shelter here."

"But the rain has stopped now."

You look outside and lo and behold, he's right.

"That's weird."

"I have stopped flying, so it has stopped raining. It is a simple concept."

"Wait, you cause the rain?"

"Yes. I fly through the sky to bring rain. When I blink in my bird form, lightning strikes. When I flap my wings, thunder sounds."

"Interesting. I'm sorry, what's your name?"

"I do not have one."

"You don't?"

"I have never had the need for one. I do not usually interact with humans."

"Hmmmm....." You study his face. "You look like an Alfred. I'm gonna call you Alfred."

"Alfred...Strange, but I accept."

"Wait, if you don't interact with people, why can you speak English?"

"The Great Spirit made it so I can speak and understand all languages."

"Great Spirit?"

"Yes. I believe you human's call her 'God'. My kind are her messengers and we are to bring rain to the lands. There are many stories from my lifetime. You have given me a name, but I do not know yours."

"Right, I'm (Name)." You smile at him. "It's nice to meet you Alfred."

He smiles back. "It is nice to meet you too, (Name)."

"You said something about 'your kind'. Is there like a term for you guys or..."

"I believe I have heard a human hiking around this mountain looking for what they called a 'Thunderbird'. I believe they were referring to me."

"Thunderbird...I think I've heard that somewhere before too."

"We used to be somewhat worshiped by the people of this land many, many years ago. We were very feared, but we were sent to help them in their time of need and they were very grateful."

"Whadaya mean, time of need?"

"It is the story of myself, actually. But it is getting dark and you might want to be heading home soon."

You look out the mouth of the cave to see that the sun's starting to go down.

"Oh, crap, you're right! I should be going." You start leaving the cave.

"Will you come back?"

His question surprises you and makes you stop to look back at him. "You want me to?"

"Yes. You seem like an interesting human and I would like to learn things about human culture from you."

You smile. "That sounds cool. I promise I'll be back soon, okay?"

He smiles again. "Okay."

You leave to go back home, thinking about your interesting new friend.