Vampire!Romania x Reader (part 2)

Uncomfortable silence fills the room as you try to think of how to explain the scene your friend Danny is currently looking at, which would be you wrapping up the wounds of a complete stranger in the kitchen of the house your class is staying at for a school trip.

"Uh, Danny?" You ask. "Can I talk to you in private?" You don't even give him time to answer as you start pushing him to the opposite corner of the room.

"Who the hell is that guy?!" He asks you in a whisper-yell.

"He's hurt, Danny," you say in your defense also in a hushed tone. "I couldn't just leave him limping down the street like that!"

"It's dangerous to bring strangers into your house, (Name)!"

"This isn't my house!"

"Whatever! He could be a psychopathic murderer for all we know!"

"I can hear everything you guys're saying," says Vladimir, still sitting on the table on the other side of the room. His input to the conversation causes you and Danny to look over at him. You probably shoulda thought about that. "And I assure you that I don't plan on murdering anyone any time soon. I was just going to limp home and tend to my wounds on my own. Even if I were a psychopathic murderer, as you say, I'm not in an ideal condition to do so.

"I wouldn't be able to run very far or fast if the authorities showed up, now would I? Plus there's the probability that my wounds would reopen while I'm escaping and I'd leave a trail of blood that they could easily follow to my location and/or use the blood to identify me as the suspect. My point is, there's so many ways I could be caught it wouldn't even be worth it."

Danny stands there, staring at Vladimir and doesn't know what to say in rebuttal.

"...Yeah, what he said," you say to Danny.

Danny wants to argue, but he doesn't know how. Then he just leaves, defeated. But he gives Vladimir a suspicious look as he walks past the man sitting on the table.

"Sorry about him," you say to Vladimir as you walk back over to him. "Let me just finish up here."

"Again, thank you for helping me," he says to you as you finish wrapping up his arm.

"It's nothing, really."

"No, it's not. I'm in your debt."

"Whoa there, now you sound like I just saved your life or something," you say as you finish wrapping him up.

"If you hadn't stopped me I probably would've bled out by now. So in a way, you did."

You look up at his face. "Were you going to limp down the street for that long?!"

"I surmise that if you didn't interfere with my plan I would have gotten to my destination a few minutes ago. The way there involves climbing, which would very likely reopen my wounds so I would bleed out even faster. I doubt I would've been able to tend to my wounds in time." He takes your hand. "Please let me repay you, my lady."

"Repay me how?"

"I want to get to know you better and I need a date for a party that I'm required to go to. Therefore, I'd like to ask you to be my date for the party."

"What kinda party?"

"It's actually more of a ball than a party, but it's like a more laid back kind of ball. I have connections that could get you something to wear for it."

"What kinda ball we talkin' here?"

"The style is victorian gothic."

"And this party's happening when?"

"The evening after tomorrow."

You're still gonna be here by then. And he seems adamant about wanting to repay you.

"Okay, I'll be your date to the party."

He smiles and kisses the back of your hand. "Thank you." He then slowly and carefully gets off the table. "I think I should be going now. I have a friend that lives a little ways away from here and I'm sure he'd let me stay there while I recover." He bows to you. "It was a pleasure meeting you, (Name)."

He stands straight again and limps through the back door. You offer to walk him there, but he says that his friend has dogs that're vicious to strangers and he doesn't wanna put you in harms way.