Dragon!China x Reader (part 3)

Yao starts running towards the back of the cave and you get up to follow him. Once it gets too dark to see, you follow the sound of the rumbling coming from deep in the cave.

Then you start to kinda see a light. You run towards the light to see a big stone door opening, Yao standing in front of the door. There's what seems to be firelight from the other side. You stop next to him.

The goddess Mazu stands up and faces the two of you. She's absolutely beautiful and her red robes are exquisite. There are two demon generals on either side of her.

"Mother!" Yao exclaims excitedly as he runs up and hugs her. She hugs him back with a smile.

"Hello Yao," she says. "It has been a while, has it not?"

"How've you been, aru?"

"Fine." She then notices you. "Who is this?"

Yao releases the goddess and gestures to you. "Mother, this is (Name). She's my new friend, aru."

She smiles at you. "I see. It is nice to meet you, (Name)."

"Uh, it's nice to meet you too," you respond as politely as possible. You've never met a god before, let alone anything like the being standing before you.

She looks over at Yao. "Yao, I have something very important to tell you. The Dragon King is coming very soon to meet with me and he has requested you to come with me."

He looks surprised. "Really?"

"Yes. I do not know what he wants to talk to me about, but I do know that it is important that we try our best not to provoke him, for he might cause natural disasters on the mainland."

"When are we supposed to meet him, aru?"

A loud sound comes from outside the cave. It sounds like a tornado just suddenly appeared.

"That is him. We must go, now."

"But what about (Name), aru?"

"She can stay if she wishes to, but we do not know what the Dragon King wants or what he will do." She looks over at you. "Would you like to go, or would you like to stay?"

"I've already met a dragon and a god today," you tell them. "Might as well meet something that's both to round everything up."

"Very well, come along."

You nod and the three of you start off towards the mouth of the cave, the demon guardians following. Once you get there, you see the source of the sound is a water spout reaching high into the sky. You stare up in amazement.

Yao grabs your hand, causing you to look at his face. He gives you a reassuring smile, one that says "everything's gonna be okay" and you smile back.

The water spout starts to dissipate and you see something in the middle of it. It reveals the Dragon King. He's a large dragon in ancient Chinese king attire with an elaborate headdress.

"Hello Mazu," he says. "Thank you for agreeing to meet with me." His gaze goes over to Yao. He flies closer to get a better look at Yao. "So this is what became of the egg I gave you." Then he notices you. "And who would this woman be?" He sees Yao holding your hand. "Could it be that you have a relation with this woman? Is this woman yours?"

"She doesn't belong to anyone, aru," says Yao.

"I see."

"What is it you came to talk about?" Asks Mazu.

"I wanted you to know that I am taking the egg back."

"What?"

"I decided that dragons should be with dragons. It is only only natural, right?"

"But there is no egg anymore."

"Right you are, but there is this young male dragon, yes?"

You look at Yao, who's furrowing his brow in anger.

The Dragon King puts his face really close to you and starts eyeballing you. "I think I will take her with me also. Perhaps she can be my wife."

"No!" Exclaims Yao as he stands between you and the Dragon King. "She has nothing to do with this, aru!"

"You dare defy the Dragon King?"

Yao just stands there, looking at the Dragon King with a determined expression.

"Fine then. I guess you both will be coming with me."

The Dragon King quickly grabs both you and Yao.

"Yao, no!" Exclaims Mazu. She jumps from the cliff floor towards the Dragon King, her demon guardians in tow. They all three land on the dragon's body and begin attacking.

The demon generals each attack with their swords and Mazu starts striking with her fists and martial arts moves.

The Dragon King lets go of you and Yao to counterattack. The two of you start falling towards the sea below. Yao manages to change into his dragon form and catch you before you hit the water.

He looks at you with worry-filled eyes.

"I'm okay," you tell him. He exhales in relief, then looks up at what's happening above. You do the same just in time to see one of the generals chop off one of the Dragon King's arms. He cries out in pain as blood starts gushing from the stump that once had his major appendage.

"You will regret this, Mazu." Says the dragon before he disappears into the water.

Yao flies you up to the goddess.

"Are you two alright?" She asks you.

"We're fine, Mother," answers Yao.

She looks relieved. "Thank goodness. I was worried he would actually take you away from me."

"But what happens now?"

"Now we prepare for his return."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I didn't feel like changing Mazu's and the Dragon King's dialogue to Chinese.