Taniwha!New Zealand x Reader (part 3) (end?)

Ah, mine enemy that is writers' block, how worthy a foe thou are. But no match for me, as I have bested ye in the end!

(I'm sorry this took forever)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You wake up coughing up water. You open your eyes and sit up, as you were laying down on the ground. You're still coughing the water out of your lungs.

You see a man you don't recognize kneeling next to you. You look around and don't recognize where you are. This place looks like a hidden grove with a pool of natural water. You think you can see an underwater cave that connects to the pool.

"Are you alright?" The man asks. He's wearing the clothing of another tribe. He's pretty handsome, to be honest. You can only assume he revived you after almost drowning.

"Where am I?" You ask him.

"You are in my home."

"Who are you?"

"My name is Marama."

"Where is Kahurangi?"

"Is he the man you were with?"

"Yes."

"I do not think he will find us here."

"Why am I here?"

He smiles at you. "I have brought you here to make you my wife."

"What?"

"You are very pretty and I want you to be my wife."

You furrow your brow at him. "Are you the Taniwha that kidnapped me?"

"I am a Taniwha, yes."

How about we try to best reasoning tactic and logic you can think of right now?

"Do you have a tribe you are connected to?"

"Yes. They do not live very far from here."

"Then why choose me to be your wife? Why not choose one of the women from your tribe?"

His expression turns somber. "Because I do not generally interact with my tribe anymore."

"Why not?"

"...because of what happened with my last wife."

You look surprised. "You had a wife before?"

"Yes. She looked a lot like you. I loved her very much and she loved me just as much. One day she wanted to go into the forest and pick some berries. I offered to go with her, but she refused, saying she could take care of it herself. After a little while, I heard her scream. I went sprinting in the direction her voice came from. Then I found her, being attacked by a man from the tribe I was associated with. I threw him off her and he started fighting me instead. I threw him and he landed on a pile of sharp rocks. I can still hear the sound of his neck and spine breaking.

You can see him start tearing up. "I ran over to my wife. There was so much blood. She died in my arms. The last thing she told me was that she loved me." He lowers his head and closes his eyes.

Now you just feel bad for him. You hug to try to comfort this poor hurting baby who's the same age as you so he's not really a baby but nobody cares about that right now. "Marama...I am so sorry."