Ninnir!Iceland x Reader (part 2)

You just kinda stand there, staring at Emil as you try to process what you've just experienced.

"Hello?" He asks as he waves his hand in front of your face.

You shake your head slightly to get yourself out of your trance. "I'm sorry, I zoned out. You were saying?"

"Well, my name's Emil. And yours is?"

"(Name)."

"(Name), he repeats to himself as he smiles. "It's nice to finally meet you. I've imagined our meeting face to face, but not like this."

"Huh?"

He starts to act all embarrassed. "Oh, uhm, I've kinda been watching you practice...everyday...for the past month."

"That's kinda creepy," you think you loud.

He seems surprised. "I-I wasn't trying to be creepy! It's just...I thought you'd be afraid of me. What with everything humans say about my kind and all."

You remember the stories about Ninnirs getting people to ride on their backs and immediately taking those people to the nearest river/lake/somewhat deep body of water to drown them. Then you remember that Ninnirs also often fall in love with human women. If he hasn't tried to get you to ride him, then does that mean...?

"Emil...do you love me?"

"Wh-What?!" He asks as he starts blushing intensely.

"If you haven't tried to kill me, does that mean you love me?"

"I-I, uh..." He closes his eyes and takes in a breath. "Yesiloveyou(Name)."

Well, this is an interesting turn of events. For you, at least.

He opens his eyes again, but he looks at the ground instead of you. "The night I first heard you playing that beautiful music, you looked so pretty in the moonlight and I fell for you then and there. I've wanted to meet you, in person, but I was too shy. I was working on building up the courage to talk to you, then this all happened."

You stand there, thinking in silence. You have to admit, he's kinda cute.

"I still find your story a little bit creepy," you tell him. He slightly lowers his head in sadness. You smile at him. "But it's also kinda sweet at the same time. Though I need time to be around you to decide how I feel about you."

Emil lifts his head and looks at you with hope in his eyes. "Does that mean you'll give me a chance?"

"Yes."

A smile grows onto his face and he pulls you into a hug, which catches you off guard. "Thank you, (Name). I promise you won't regret it."

You smile and hug him back as you close your eyes.

Emil releases you from the hug and starts blushing. "So, uh, can I listen to you practice?"

"Sure."

You go back to your seat and Emil sits on the ground at an angle where he can watch you. You go back to practicing your instrument and he closes his eyes to let the melody wash over him.