Golem!Israel x Reader (part 2)

It's been a few weeks since you first took in Daniel. He's been a big help around the house, helping you with cleaning and laundry and chores. He's a real sweetheart.

You haven't seen the men who're looking for him since the night you first met him. You think it's okay to take him outside. You decide to take him grocery shopping with you. But you make him wear a hoodie with the hood up to be on the safe side. He helps you carry things, which he insisted he do, with a smile. He doesn't even care, he's just happy to be helpful to you. You've been so kind to him, more so than anyone he's ever met. He loves to see you smile and hear you laugh. As long as you're happy, he's happy.

"(Name)!" Calls a familiar voice from behind the two of you. You look over your shoulder to see your close friend.

"Oh, hey (friend's name)," you respond with a smile as you turn to face them.

"Who's that?" They ask, indicating Daniel.

"(Friend's name), this is Daniel. Daniel, this is (friend's name)."

"Is he your boyfriend?"

This question surprises both you and Daniel.

"No, he's not my boyfriend."

For some reason, your answer kinda makes Daniel sad. Why am I sad? He thinks to himself. He's seen enough TV with you to know what a boyfriend is supposed to be like. Is it because he wants to be like that with you? Because he wants to act with you like those people on tv do? Because he wants to be able to kiss you whenever and hold your hand and for you two to always be with each other?

He smiles to himself. ...Yes. I do want to be like that with (Name). I want to be (Name)'s boyfriend.

"Daniel?" Your voice snaps him back to reality. (Friend's name)'s gone now. It seems you've finished talking to them and they went on their way. "Hey, let's go to the checkout."

"Okay," he responds with a single nod. He follows you to the checkout.

What neither of you notice is that there are two shady men staring at you while you're buying your stuff. Once they see your faces, they look at each other and nod, then leave.

You take Daniel home and he helps you put things away.

"(Name), may I ask you something?" Daniel asks once the two of you are finished.

"Sure, what is it?"

"Will you be my girlfriend?"

The question takes you by surprise. "H-Huh?" You stutter as you start blushing.

"I thought about what your friend said and I realized I want to be your boyfriend. I want to be like those couples on TV. The ones that support each other and are always there when the other needs them and are happy together. And I want to be like that with you, (Name)."

You blush a dark red. You've kinda developed a crush on Daniel also.

Daniel looks into your eyes. "Will you, (Name)?"

You smile and nod once. "Yes."

He smiles really big and pulls you into a hug. "Thank you, (Name). You have no idea how happy this makes me."

Your smile gets bigger and you hug him back. "You're welcome Daniel."