Otso!Finland x Reader (part 1)

Otso (Finnish) - A bear spirit that's king of the forest in Finnish mythology. The Finnish believed that bears could reincarnate themselves if they ever died. They'd hold a ritual to call upon Otso and after they killed a bear, they'd hold a ritual to convince the bear that its death was an accident so it could reincarnate itsself. After it died, they'd hang the bear's skull on a tree in a clearing and bring offerings to it.

I thought this would be cool for Finland instead of just making him Santa. And think about it. Finland can turn into a bear.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You're at a track meet. You're at your team camp, waiting for them to call (event).

You see a person with shoulder-length brown hair and think it's one of your friends. Only when they turn around and you see her blue eyes do you recognize her. (no, it's not fem!Lithuania. It's me!)

"Kage!" You say happily.

She smiles at you. "(Name!)" She responds as she walks towards you. "How's the meet going for ya so far?"

"Good. And you?"

"Good. I just PR'd in Triple Jump." (PR means Personal Record)

"Kage!" A man's voice says. You see a guy with blonde hair and purple eyes walking towards the two of you.

"Tino! How goes it?" (Yes, I really do say that.)

"Good. Who's this?" He asks, looking at you.

"Tino, this is (Name). (Name), this is Tino."

"Nice to meet you, Tino," you say with a smile. He smiles back.

"Well, I gotta go to Jav, so I'll see ya later." Kage takes the javelin from the PVC pipe case and leaves, leaving you with Tino. You both hang out until they call (event).

"Hey, that's me. I gotta go." You tell Tino as you get up to leave.

"Can I come and watch you?"

"Sure." You get what you need and go over to (event). In the end, you get second. That's your last event of the day so you take off your track shoes and Tino walks over to you.

"You did great, (Name)," he tells you with a smile.

"Thanks," you respond.

The two of you just spend the rest of the meet hanging out, watching the rest of the events.

When the running events're going on there's a group of kids who stand in a circle and when the gun goes off, they'd pretend to shoot each other and fall to the ground, pretending to be dead. Eventually you and Tino try it and some people from other people from other teams join in too.

At the end of the meet, you say goodbye to Tino and go home afterwards.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay, so I didn't say anything of his Otso-ness yet, but in time. It shall happen. And with the kids pretending to shoot each other, my little sister and her friends actually do that.

If you guys have a suggestion for a character of creature you wanna see in this, I'll see what I can do and get back to you on if I can do something for it.

Anyway, tell me what you guys think so far