Dragon!Wales x Reader (part 2)

The dragon looks at you, it's eyes moving around you like it's searching for something. It sets you down and blows out the fire, you and it being suddenly enveloped in darkness. A few seconds later, the fire's relit and in place of the dragon there's a man.

He has green eyes and strawberry blond hair (I'm not really sure what to call the color of his hair in the picture so let's just call it strawberry blond for now). He's not wearing a shirt and only has on a pair of animal skin pants. He tilts his head slightly to the side in confusion as he stares at you with curious eyes.

"Where'd the dragon go?" You ask, looking around.

He walks up to you and examines you, putting his face close to your and starts sniffing you. He then starts circling you, still sniffing you.

"What're you doing?" You ask with a completely confused look on your face. Once he gets back to being in front of you, he puts your face in his hands and puts his forehead against yours.

Are you from the nearby village? Asks a male voice in your head.

You're taken aback by this. You get his hands off you and take a step back.

"What the hell?!" You ask. "What was that?!"

He seems to try to speak, but no sound comes out. He signals through hand gestures that he can't speak.

"Do you know how to write?" He shakes his head no. "So that was your voice in my head just then?" He nods. "And that's the only way we can communicate right now?" He nods again.

You furrow your brow again, trying to wrap your head around this guy. How does he do that?

He takes a step towards you and gestures as if asking permission to communicate with you the way he did again.

"Fine."

He puts his forehead against yours again. I'm sorry, but I don't know of any other ways we can communicate aside from hand gestures. I'll ask again, are you from the nearby village?

"Yes."

He smiles. I knew it. The dragon you saw when you first came here, that was me. Let me prove it to you. He blinks and his eyes change to the eyes you saw the dragon have. Then dragon wings grow from his back. He blinks again and his eyes change back.

"You're a dragon?"

Yes.

"But then why can you become a human?"

I honestly don't know. I also don't know why we're able to communicate like this. It's just something that exists.

"Are you the dragon that saved my village from the ice dragon?"

No, that was my ancestor. He is the one that slayed the ice dragon.

"Do you have a name?"

What's a name?

"Well, a name is what you call someone. Like my name is (Name)."

I see. I don't have a name. Would you give me one?

You study his face to try to think of a good name for him. "I think you look like a Dylan. You're name's gonna be Dylan."

He smiles. Dylan. I like it. I like you, (Name). Would you like to keep me company? I promise I will not harm you in any way.

You've never spent time with a dragon before. This could be a really cool experience for you. Plus you kinda like Dylan too. "Sure."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
as I was writing this I realized that this reader and Wales could've been the parents of Bulgaria. Au of an au, maybe? Like a slightly different au? This entire book could technically be called a bunch of au's, couldn't it?