Rui Shi!Hong Kong x Reader (part 1)

Rui Shi (Chinese): guardian lions, often depicted in statues.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You are very bored right now. Your private teacher's currently droning on and on about your most hated subject. You decide you need a break, so you sneak away from your teacher and go to the garden in your yard. You go to your favorite spot in the whole garden; the fish pond. You love sitting by the pond and watching the fish. It always relaxes you. You do exactly that. You could sit there for hours and be perfectly content. You watch the fish moving around in the water.

"(Name)!"

The voice pulls you back to reality. It's the voice of your father. You look up and your father's walking towards you with a boy you've never seen before. The boy looks about your age with short brown hair and eyes to match.

Your father and the boy stop once they're a few feet away from you. He puts his hand on the boy's shoulder. "(Name), this is Leon. He will be your new bodyguard."

"Father, I don't need a bodyguard," you say as you stand up, facing the two men.

"Nonsense. You are a princess, there are many people who would be after your life or try to kidnap you."

Leon bows to you. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Your Highness."

"This boy will make a fine bodyguard for you, I promise. He is not to leave your side."

You raise your eyebrow. "So does that mean he can follow me into the bathroom?"

Leon seems surprised by this statement and starts blushing, but stays silent.

You father's face becomes an angry one. "Of course not! That and when you bathe are the only exceptions. Honestly, saying such things is unbecoming of a princess. You need to act more dignified."

Your expression changes to slightly annoyed. "Maybe I don't want to act dignified, did you ever think of that?"

"You don't have a choice. You will one day be married to a prince and need to know the role of a queen."

You expression changed to more than annoyed. "Why are queens always just there for show? Why do queens only ever have to be married to be seen as a real queen? Why can't a queen be deemed the same as a king? Why can't a queen be able to lead like a king's expected to?"

"Enough! I have had it with that kind of talk!"

You walk away without saying anything else.

Your father lets out an exasperated sigh, "what am I going to do with her?" He then turns to Leon. "Go after her."

Leon bows to the king and starts following the path you took a few seconds before.

You go up to your room and lay down on your bed, staring up at the ceiling.

You hear a knock at your door. "Princess? It's Leon. May I come in?"

You sigh. "Fine." After all, it's your father you're upset with, not him.

Leon lets himself in and stands a few feet from the bed, facing you with his hands together in front of him.

"I suppose you're gonna say my father's right?"

"Actually, no. In fact, I agree with you."

His words makes you sit up to look at him.

"I think that a queen would be able to rule just as well as a king."

You smile at his genuine words. "Thanks, Leon. You're the first boy I've met who agrees with me."

"I've heard of other places where women rule all on their own, and they lead quite well."

"Yeah, my history teacher told me about the Spartan women. How they were deemed almost equal to men. They were so cool."

"Would you please tell me about them?"

You smile, then start telling Leon everything you know about the women of Sparta. He's very interested and likes that sparkle in your eyes when you talk about them.

"Sorry for rambling on like that," you tell him once you realize you've been talking for a long time.

"No, it's fine. You seem really passionate about these kinds of things."

"Well, I don't really like that women are expected to not be able to do anything and are just there to have children. I heard about one king that kept killing his wives because they only had daughters and no sons."

Leon looks horrified after you say that. "That's horrible!"

"I know! It's not the wives' fault! She can't control if the baby's a boy or a girl!"

There's a knock at the door. "Princess, it's time for dinner!"

You stand up. "Thanks for talking to me, Leon." You start going to the dining hall, but stop as you have one foot out the door to look back at Leon. He's still standing there, looking at you. "You coming?"

He remembers that he's supposed to follow you. "Oh, right!" He then follows you to the dining hall for food. You think you'll like spending time with Leon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
History challenge: figure out which king I mentioned.

Next up: Wales!