Dragon!China x Reader (part 2)

The dragon lays on the ground and looks at you, waiting for you to respond.

You just sit there, trying to process what you've just seen. Well, this explains why he was there in place of the dragon when you woke up.

"Well, this is...different."

You've thought dragons might be real, they're in the mythology of a wide variety of cultures after all, but you'd never seen one. Now you're looking directly at one.

He looks up at you with its big eyes, then transforms back into his human form.

He smiles at you as he sits down cross-legged across from you. "You're very calm about all this, aru. Most humans would flip out at something like this, wouldn't they?"

You guess that's true. "Why'd you bring me here?"

The smile left his face and he looked into your eyes. "Because I was lonely, aru. There aren't any other dragons or anything around here. You're the first person I've seen for a long time. I felt so happy that I didn't want you to go just yet, aru. I wanted to be in the presence of another creature for a little while longer."

"How long've you been alone?"

"I lost track of the years, aru. It gets very upsetting when you're alone for that long."

You try to imagine what it would be like to be alone for years upon years. You think it would get pretty depressing after a long while.

"So, you brought me here because you wanted company?"

He smiles again as his eyes shine. "That's exactly why I brought you here, aru! I'm so glad you understand. So would you please tell me your name, aru?"

"(Name)."

"It's a pleasure to meet you, (Name)."

"So, what was your plan about bringing me here? Like, what were you planing on doing?"

"Oh..." He puts his hand on the back of his neck and gives an embarrassed smile. "I guess I didn't make one. I kind of got caught up in the moment, aru."

"So you didn't think this through."

"No. Uh, tell me about yourself, aru."

"Huh?"

"You know, if you want to, aru."

"Uh, okay."

You two just talk for a long while, getting to know each other.

"What was the last creature interacted with?" You ask.

(A/N: this is where I start making up a bunch of stuff. /stuff in between the backslashes, like this, I didn't make up/ otherwise I did)

"It was the goddess Mazu. I was given to her as an egg and she raised me as her own, aru. She sent me here to protect her human body. She sometimes returns her consciousness to her body when she urgently needs to tell me something. Her two demon guardians always appear when that happens, aru."

"Can you tell me about her?"

He smiles wider and starts to tell you about Mazu. /She used to be a human girl who would wear these bright red robes and direct seafarers, no matter how bad the weather. Her birth name was Lin Moniang and when she was born she didn't cry, thus her parents giving her a name that means 'silent girl'. She started swimming at age 15, but she was amazing at it./

/Her father and brothers were fishermen and one day got caught out at sea in a terrible storm. She had a vision about them out in the storm and them drowning. She was in the midst of saving them when her mother came in and brought her from her trance. This caused her to drop her brother and he drowned as a result. Her father returned and said a miracle happened. She died at the age of 18 when she went out swimming to look for her brother's corpse and died from exhaustion./ Her spirit ascended and she became the goddess Mazu.

/At one point, there were these two demons named "Quanli Yan" and "Shunfeng Er," which mean "Thousand Miles Eye" and "With-the-Wind Ear." They were both in love with her and she said she would marry whichever one defeated her. Using her martial arts she defeated both and they became her friends./

Yao was given to her as an egg as a gift from one of the Dragon Kings. Once Yao was old enough, she sent him to guard her human body in the very cave you two are in right now. She's sealed behind a door that only he and she can open.

(And thus ends the making stuff up for this chapter)

"Wow," you say. "You think really highly of her."

"Of course, aru. She's like my mother. And she's very cool and strong and skilled, aru." He continues talking about Mazu. You listen with a smile because you like the excitement he has while he's talking.

"I'd like to be able to meet her one day," you tell him, "she sounds great."

A rumbling sound comes from deeper in the cave.

"Looks like today's your lucky day, aru. She's waking up!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

there are two main stories of how Mazu died, I just went with this one because it works for this.