Zmajeviti!Bulgaria x Reader (part 2)

"I knew it!" You shout excitedly, which catches the man off guard. You start moving around in your excitement. "I knew it, I knew it! I knew they were real!"

"You seem to be taking this really well," the man says, a little unsure of if you being so excited about this is a good thing or not.

"I always believed dragons were real! Everyone else thought I was stupid and crazy, but now I know they're really real!"

"Why wouldn't dragons be real? Who's told you otherwise?"

You stop and look him in the eye. "Everyone else I've ever met. But now I know I was right all along! Take that, world!"

He chuckles at how excited you are, which brings you back to reality.

"Sorry, this is just really exciting for me," you say to him.

"No, it's fine. I'm Borislav, and you are?"

"(Name)."

"It's a pleasure to meet you, (Name)."

Your eyes go to his wings. They're green and are moving from side to side as he stretches them out, them being stiff from being wrapped tightly to his body all day. They look so cool and you really wanna touch one. "This might be a weird question but can I touch your wings?"

"Sure."

He moves one of them to be within your reach. You reach out and feel it. It feels scaly, but not really scaly, and warm from being against his body. You like the feel of them, so you smile.

Then you think of something. "Say, do you live in town, Borislav?" You ask as you put your arm back to your side.

"Yeah," he answers as he moves his wing to back behind him.

"How come I've never seen you around?"

"I spend a lot of my free time here to be away from people and so I can stretch my wings. But the Ala came before I could unwrap my wings or anything. I have be the one to fight them now, so I had to act fast."

So this meeting is a case of being at the right place at the right time. "What about your father?"

He lowers his head slightly and brings his gaze to the ground. "My father is dead."

"Oh, I'm sorry."

Then smiles a bitter-sweet smile. "He used to live in this very cave. He was a lot of fun to be around. He showed me how to fly and to how to fight the Ale. When I defeated my first Ala, he was so proud."

"Can I ask how your parents met?" You ask as you sit down on the ground.

He nods once to say yes as he sits down across from you. "My mother discovered my father when she was young. She wasn't afraid of him, which surprised him. She'd come by to see him everyday. They fell in love, but they knew they couldn't be together. But one day, a magician came to my father saying he could make him a human. My father took this as a chance to be with my mother, so he took the deal.

"He became a human, but he kept his wings like I have. My mother couldn't believe it at first, but he proved that it was in fact him. They were so happy that they got married and had me. My father taught me how to fight the Ale and how to use my abilities. But the magician came back once I was six. He demanded that I give my life as payment for my father becoming a human. My parents refused, but the magician said that in order for my father to stay a human I had to die. So my father offered up his life in place of mine, on the grounds that the magician leave me and my mother alone.

"The magician took the deal." Borislav puts his head down so you can't see his face, his clenched fists on his knees and trembling. "He killed my father right in front of us. Then he kills my mother just for the fun of it." You see tears start to fall from his eyes and onto his pants.

You feel like you should comfort him, so crawl up to him, get onto your knees and hug him. He gets onto his knees also and hugs you back as he starts crying into your shoulder.

"I'm so sorry, Borislav," you say as you start stroking his back in a comforting manner. "You must've been so lonely." He holds you a little tighter, which you take as confirmation. "Hey, it's gonna be okay. You won't be lonely anymore."

He sniffs. "What're you talking about?"

"I'll be here for you."

"...Y-You will?"

"I promise." You start stroking his hair. "Shhh. It's all gonna be okay." You hold him until he calms down.

He sniffs again and wiped the leftover tears from his face as you two release each other. "Thanks, (Name)."

"No problem."

"I've never told anyone this much about myself before."

"I promise I won't tell anyone your secret."

He smiles at you, feeling so much better than before. He hasn't felt this happy in years and it feels nice.