Male!Koschei!Belarus x Reader (part 2)

-------------the present---------------

It's been years since you've seen Nikolai and you came to the conclusion that you made him up a long time ago. You're an adult now and don't have time for imaginary friends. Or so you think.

You're out for a walk one day because it's a beautiful day today.  You feel someone tap your shoulder.

"Excuse me," a male voice says from behind you. You stop and look over your shoulder to see a man with platinum blond hair and purple eyes.

Your eyes go wide as you recognize him. "...Nikolai?" You ask in disbelief.

"Hello (Name)," he says with a slight smile. So you didn't make him up. Or your imagination's so strong it brought him to life. It's probably the former but how cool would it be if it were the latter. If it is the latter your imagination made him very attractive. Thank you, imagination.

You turn around to face him. "Where've you been?! It's been years!"

"My family suddenly sent me away one day. I had no say in the matter."

"Why?"

"They wanted me to become the best wizard in the world, so they sent me all over the world to different wizards to study under them." You then remember that he's actually magic.

He grabs your hands in his and holds them between the two of you. "I thought about you every single day I was gone. I tried writing to you, but my teachers always intercepted them no matter what I tried. But I've endured it and now I'm back here, with you."

You smile at him. "I'm really glad to see you again, Nikolai. You know, you've been gone so long I thought I made you up."

He rests his forehead on yours. "I'm very real and how much I've missed you is very real too." He then pulls you into a hug.

You're surprised by his sudden actions, then you smile and hug him back. You can't see that he's smiling also. He's very glad that he can see you again, be near you. He's been told he scares people, so he's trying his absolute hardest not to scare you.

He releases you from the hug and you do the same. "I want to show you something, (Name). It's not very far from here and I think you'll be very impressed by it. It's a result of the long time I've been away."

"Okay," you say as you nod once.

He takes your hand in his and leads you off. He's a lot more forward than you remember. And a lot more okay with physical contact. He brings you to an amazing and massive castle a little ways away from the edge of town. You don't remember this being here before.

"When did this get here?" You think out loud.

"I built it just recently," Nikolai tells you, "with my magic abilities that I've acquired over the years from all over the world. It didn't take very long, actually. Please, come inside."

He leads you inside and the interior is very impressive.

"This stuff looks like it cost a fortune!" You say in wonder as you look around.

"It didn't. I acquired all of this stuff during my time away. Let me give you a tour."

You agree and he starts leading you around the building. It's absolutely beautiful. He also tells you stories about his travels and how he obtained some of the things in the castle that were harder to get than any of the others.

He shows you the study, where he keeps all his books he's obtained. You walk around, looking at everything. There's a table with pieces of paper scattered all over it. You notice that one is a letter written to someone named Koschei.

"Hey Nikolai, who's Koschei?" You ask.

"I am. In the wizard community they call me by a different name: Koschei the Immortal. But I've also been called Koschei the Deathless and I faintly recall one person calling me Tsar Koschei."

"Deathless?"

"Yes. You see, long ago, my soul was trapped in a needle and hidden away. As long as that needle remains in one piece, I can't die. But if the needle breaks, I'll die on the spot. I don't know where the needle is, so I can't find it myself."

"That sounds horrible."

"Yes, but it's not all bad. I still have you, right?"

You nod at him. "Yeah."