Naga!Thailand x Reader (part 1)

Naga (Thai): serpent-like protector that guards against evil spirits

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Your father has been accepted into The Order of the White Elephant by the King of Thailand. It's one of the highest honors able to be bestowed by on someone. Your family's moving to a really fancy house because of this.

You see statues of snake-like creatures on the property that you've never seen before. Your parents explain to you that those are called Nagas and they protect people from evil spirits. There's this one statue that stands out to you. It has glasses and a golden yellow sash.

Your family puts all their stuff down and you help move everything inside. Once you all are done, you go outside to take in some fresh air before dinner. The sun's setting and the light glistens beautifully from the water of the pond in your yard.

"Beautiful, isn't it ana~?"

The voice startles you and you turn around to see a boy standing where the Naga statue with the sash and glasses used to be. He has brown hair and gold eyes behind a pair of glasses and a gold sash like the statue had.

"Sorry to surprise you ana. My name's Veera." He smiles at you, which you find adorable.

"I'm (Name). What happened to the statue?"

"Well, I am the statue ana."

His words confuse you.

"I'm a Naga and I'm to protect you from monsters and ghosts ana. Even thought I hate them." He muttered that last sentence.

"You don't like monsters and ghosts?"

"I really don't ana. But it's my job to fight them. Ironic, isn't it ana?"

"Yeah, kinda."

"I guess it will just make me better, right?"

You smile at him. "Yeah."

"(Name)!" You dad calls from inside. "Dinner's ready!"

"Hey, I gotta go. Can we talk later?"

"Sure ana."

"Great, see you later." You go inside, leaving Veera to watch you go. He smiles at you as you leave. He thinks you two will become very close.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thailand has the vocal tick "ana" which is why he says it so much.

Last, but not least of the Orientals, Vietnam!