Zmajeviti!Bulgaria x Reader (part 1)

Zmajeviti (Slavic): a man-dragon hybrid. They essentially look like a man with dragon wings
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You're on your way to your secret hiding place you go to when you need to get away from people. They're making fun of you because you're really interested in mythology, especially dragons. They call you weird for having dragons on many of the things you own.

Your hiding place is on the edge of town, in a cool cave you found a while back. You like just spending time there alone, being away from everyone.

As you approach the cave, you hear thunder. You turn around and see rain clouds in the distance, so you take shelter in your safe haven and you see something deeper in the cave. You see a boy about your age sitting cross-legged on the floor of the cave with his eyes closed and his hands on his knees. He's wearing an olive green military outfit, combat boots and has short black hair.

"Hello?" You ask the boy. He doesn't respond. "Hey, can you hear me?" Still no response. You walk up to him and wave your hand in front of his face. He doesn't move. You can see him breathing, albeit very slowly, so you know he's alive.

Realizing you're probably not gonna get a response from him, you sit down near the mouth of the cave to wait the storm out. You watch the clouds, seeing the lightning flash and everything.

At one point, you think you see something moving in the clouds. You squint at the spot where you saw something move.

You see a really small figure in the clouds. You can just barely make out wings on it. It flies back into the clouds. A different figure flies backwards from the clouds, as if it was hit. The first figure charges it but the second dodges. The first turns around and slashes at the second, who moves back as if hit. The figures stay in their positions for a little bit, until the second flies away.

The first figure starts approaching your cave. As it comes closer, it gains detail and it looks like the guy sitting in the cave, but different. This figure was translucent and had dragon wings.

The figure sees you and looks surprised as it stops. It stares at you for a little bit, then flies to the guy sitting behind you. Its form melds with the guy and the body opens his eyes, showing them to be green. He stares at you for a little bit again.

"What are you?" You finally ask the boy, completely confused.

He gets up to stand. "There isn't a chance you'll believe you imagined that, is there?"

"That was you, but I could see through you and you had wings. You were fighting that thing in the clouds. What was that thing?"

He holds up his hands. "Whoa, whoa, slow down. First things first, did you see the thing I was fighting?"

"I saw a figure in the distance, that's it."

"Okay, good. She probably didn't see you and she should be gone now, so I don't think she's watching us talking. You should be safe."

"Safe from what?"

"The Ala."

"Huh?"

"Okay, this will probably be hard to explain. I'm what's called a Zmajeviti. My and my father's kind fight the Ale to save the crops of the farmers." (A/N: Ale is plural of Ala.)

"Your father's kind?"

He nods. "My father was a dragon, you see."

Your eyes go wide at that last sentence. "Dragons are real?"

He nods again.

"You're not joking, right?"

"I can prove it." He takes off his shirt to show wrapping around his upper body. He removes the wrapping and dragon wings unfold from his back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So I got another request and I recently had ideas for Scotland and Ireland. Would anybody wanna see them?