Otso!Finland x Reader (part 2)

You go to school on Monday, since the track meet was on a Friday.

"(Name)!" Kage calls as she runs up to you. There's about ten minutes before school actually starts.

"Hey Kage," you respond with a smile.

"You remember Tino from the meet on Friday, right?"

"Yeah."

"He told me over the weekend that he's moving here!"

"Really?"

"Yeah. He said he wanted to keep it a secret for a while until he and his family actually got here. Today's his first day of school!"

"That's awesome!"

"C'mon! He should be arriving any minute now!" She grabs your wrist and starts pulling you towards the front door. Once you two get there, the bus arrives. You and Kage scan the people who come off the bus, looking for Tino.

"Tino!" Kage calls, then starts running towards the crowd. You run after her. The crowd thins out and you see Tino, who notices you two running towards him.

He smiles and his eyes light up. "Kage! (Name)!"

Kage runs up and hugs him, but you stop just a few steps away from him. He gestures for you to come into the group hug too. You comply and you're all hugging each other.

"It's gonna be so cool having you around, Tino!" Kage says once you guys let go of each other. "Do you know what your schedule is?"

"Yeah," he answers. "I have it in my backpack. Just a sec." He takes off his backpack and starts rummaging through it until he finds the piece of paper that has his schedule on it.

You have first, fifth, seventh and eighth hour with him and he has second, third and sixth hour with Kage.

You and Kage give him a quick tour of the school, pointing out which room has which teacher and what class that is. Once you're done doing that, the first bell rings. You show Tino to your first hour class, which is English.

There aren't any assigned seats, so you tell him to sit wherever, then you go to the seat that you claimed on the first day of school. He sits in the seat next to you as other kids enter the class.

"Who's the new kid?" A girl on the other side of you whispers to you.

Before you can answer, the late bell rings and the teacher enters the room. They start taking roll, calling off people's names.

"I see we have a new student," says the teacher, while looking at Tino. They look at the student list and finds Tino's name. "Tino...I'm sorry, how do you pronounce your last name?"

"Väinämöinen," Tino answers.

"Right, that. Anyway, could you tell us a little about yourself?"

"Well, my family's from Finland originally, but my parents moved to this country for work."

"I see. Anyway, let's get to work."

You guys start on your assignment, which is reading an assigned book. You spend the class period reading up to where you're supposed to and answer the questions about the book on the packet the teacher gave everyone.

-----------Tino's POV------------------

She's so pretty. And she's really nice and Kage thinks really highly of her. Kage's a good friend, and she's a good judge of character. I've seen it, she can tell a jerk from across a football field. She said it's because she can sense people's auras and part of their aura is their personality. If Kage approves, she can't be that bad. And I really wanna get to know her better.

I write down a message for (Name) on a blank sheet of paper and put it on her desk.

'Will you go out with me?
Check yes or no
-Tino'

(Name) sees the note and looks at it. She writes a check and then gives the note back to me. She checked yes. A smile plasters my face and stays there the rest of the day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That's actually true. I can sense people's auras. A person's aura, from what I sense, is half their personality and half the current emotion. It's how I tell apart these two identical twins we have in my class. From a distance. When they're facing the opposite direction.

And I actually was able to tell a jerk from across a football field one time. The personality part of his aura read 'dickweed' all over it, and later that day I ran into him and he was, in fact, a dickweed.