Herne the Hunter!England x Reader (part 1)

I bet you thought I was gonna make England a wizard or something. But I thought this would be a better story. He's still gonna be called Arthur in this, though.

Herne the Hunter (British): the ghost of a soldier and one of the best hunters under Queen Elizabeth. After being framed for committing some act against the Queen, he hung himself in shame. His ghost can be seen guarding Windsor Forest at night during winter or at times of war.

I'll go further into detail later.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There's a war going on and you have to hide. They took your family and only you escaped. You run into Windsor Forest to escape them, but enemy soldiers are chasing you. You're cornered by soldiers and their dogs against a tree. Suddenly, there's the sound of a horn and dogs barking in the distance.

You hear a horse coming. A gun goes off and one of the men cornering you drops dead. A pack of dogs starts attacking the other dogs. The soldiers start looking around, confused.

An owl swoops down and attacks one of the soldiers. The sound of the horse gets closer and the last soldier tries to help the one getting attacked by the owl.

A figure riding a horse comes and pulls you onto the horse behind him. You hold onto him so you don't fall off. You look up at the figure to see he's wearing a hood and has antlers coming from his head. That throws you off, but you don't care at the moment. You're just happy to be outta there. The man blows his horn again and rides towards an old barn.

He slows the horse and leads it into the barn. The dogs and owl soon come into the barn as well. The man jumps off the horse and closes the door, then you slide off the horse.

"Thank you for saving me," you tell him. The man takes off his hood to reveal he has blond hair and green eyes.

That's when you finally piece it together. You were just saved by Herne the Hunter.