Chapter 10

The pair walked outside of their shared bedroom, making sure not to wake the sleeping mother.

Hyewon tugged Y/N's sleeve looking downwards, "Sorry for dragging you away from your food earlier..."

"Don't worry about it, I understand that you were overwhelmed."

I'm not sure if I can press further about this.

Y/N placed the food in the microwave making sure to stop the timer right before it goes off to avoid waking up the other inhabitants of the dorm. After making sure that their food is quietly heated, the two sat down at the table and ate their food. Y/N randomly looked at the string that attached the two of them.

Did the string get shorter? It might just be my imagination...

Y/N stood up.

"Stay there."

Hyewon looked at Y/n perplexed. Y/N walked away from Hyewon's direction till he was stopped as usual.

No, it got longer.

"Did you notice something?" Hyewon asked.

"Yeah, the string got longer."

"It did?!"

Hyewon stood up and looked at the distance between her and Y/N.

Hyewon covered her mouth with her hands, "How did it happen?"

"I'm not sure."

"Does it increase with time?"

"It might."

"Let's talk about this later when Eunbi unnie is awake."

"Okay."

And with that, the two finished their food, cleaned up their mess and went to sleep. After they brushed their teeth and got ready for bed, Hyewon laid in her bed staring at the ceiling.

I want to sleep next to Y/N again, but I feel uneasy about doing it again...

Hyewon looked at Y/N who was resting peacefully.

I'll try it again, and if things don't go well I won't do it again.

"Y/N..."

"Hm?"

"Can I sleep next to you again?"

Y/N scooted over, "Sure."

I'll just turn the other way.

Hyewon plopped onto Y/N's futon once more, and snuggled next to him but this time, she made sure to face the other way from Y/N.

His heart isn't racing as much as it was earlier today. Is he used to it? Maybe he's just tired.

Hyewon eventually went to sleep making sure that she was still facing away from Y/N. In the middle of the night, Y/N woke up randomly. Upon coming into consciousness, he felt a weight upon his chest. Not sure what it was, he went to feel what was there. Before his hand reached his chest, his hand landed on something spherical and soft.